• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Your chances are....(penalty box for those who can't help asking about their chances)

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
OK so I talked to the recruiter today and he said after they look at medical and security clearance the board still has to make the final select decision. He said they also look at the application again and make cuts if necessary(that was the gist of it). Can anyone give me odds of being final select after pro rec if medical and security clearance are OKed? The suspense is killing me.

Basically if you pass medical, PT, and security, you are in. Those that don't get OK'd either have medical problems, can't do a sit up, or sell cocaine and pimp for a living. So if none of those apply, you should be fine.

RyanVR

i don't know why ANYONE would want jets in this day and age.

not to get into a pissing contest but the current wars are helo wars as will be the future wars.

random jet frs friend: "Yeah, i did the break today at 400 kts"
me: "Oh that's pretty cool, i flew backwards, landed, and blew some dude at the bus station."

Boot Lt.
HMLA-169
"On Time, On Target"

MasterBates

Jets still do a lot of CAS, and helos don't penetrate nasty air defenses well.

The age of the Jet is far from over. Step away from the kool-aid.

BTW, this is coming from a Helo Bubba turned CV PropJock.

FlyinRock

JooMan
I am insulted that you think you can join MY Marine Corps just because you ain't smart enough to be anything else. Go join the USAF or perhaps the BSA or maybe even the GSA (Girls Scouts Of America).
If you are only interested in your own welfare, you are going to be happy someplace where everyone else feels the same way. The USMC ain't the place for you.
Sad state of affairs when our young warrior wannabes are only looking at the corporate perks and have no idea what self sacrifice means or what ideals are, or what personal integrity is (if they can spell it).
Don't even come around me with the attitude that you can work the system for your benefit and to hell with the rest. The Marine Corps isn't interested in your kind of attitude.

Raptor2216

i don't know why ANYONE would want jets in this day and age.

not to get into a pissing contest but the current wars are helo wars as will be the future wars.

random jet frs friend: "Yeah, i did the break today at 400 kts"
me: "Oh that's pretty cool, i flew backwards, landed, and had blew some dude at the bus station."

Boot Lt.
HMLA-169
"On Time, On Target"

Well, I'm glad that you felt comfortable enough, even with the jet guys, to share your feeling about dudes at bus stations. Were you just born this way or did the whole flying backwards turn you into a homo? :D

And yes, I realize this was edited.

jooman360

pilots after navy

I'm pro recced fight now for sna bdcp, and I was just wondering if any pilots after serving chose a different career path. I was just thinking by the time I get out I would still be quite young and if I wanted to do somthing else I could, but who knows maybe I'll stay in the navy that is if I am final selected, otherwise I will be supply.

Someday

Dude?
I'm pro recced fight now for sna bdcp, and I was just wondering if any pilots after serving chose a different career path. I was just thinking by the time I get out I would still be quite young and if I wanted to do somthing else I could, but who knows maybe I'll stay in the navy that is if I am final selected, otherwise I will be supply.

Astronaut? Fireman? Maybe a professional baseball player? It's okay, most naval aviators don't know what they want to do when they grow up.

SD

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I'm pro recced fight now for sna bdcp, and I was just wondering if any pilots after serving chose a different career path....
Congrats.

My experience in the NAV prepared me for these professions and I chose one:

f89910.jpg
busDRIVER.jpg
pilot.jpg

exhelodrvr

pilot

I have been in the IT field since retiring. My primary desire (mainly due to wife's health issues) was a "normal" work schedule, so I didn't really look into any piloting jobs. I got my Masters in Comp Sci at NPS while in the Navy, which made the transition easier. I definitely enjoy the job and the people I work with, although not as much as in the Navy, but the work schedule is a lot easier on the family. (FWIW, when I was deciding whether to stay in or get out at about the 8 year point, I seriously looked into Sheriff's Dept and Highway Patrol pilot programs, but didn't want to do the 2 years on the street without a guarantee of getting a pilot slot.)