• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Your chances are....(penalty box for those who can't help asking about their chances)

schwarti

Contributor
I'm not a doctor, but my rule of thumb is - if you think you might have cancer, go see a damn doctor. I know you don't want to get NPQ'd, but personally, I'd rather not have cancer. :eek:

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I'm no doctor, but I've read enough reader's digest doctor articles that say if you have a growth that is CHANGING SHAPE, COLOR, SIZE or if it hurts, gets infected or inflamed, then GO SEE A DOCTOR!

This isn't about your damn app. It's about your health. Get it done!

Even if it's not cancer, precancer or anything to get concerned about, get it taken off if it's bothersome. I've had two moles removed and it took an appointment and 15 minutes at the doc's office.

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
I just went through a similar situation. I had a mole on my big toe that had been their my whole life. However, I had a vague impression that over the last 5 or so years it got bigger and changed to an irregular shape. I finally got around to having it looked at after my cat scratched it. The general practice doctor thought it was the most dangerous and terrible looking mole ever... the dermatologist just laughed at it. Tests came back, completely harmless.

I'm not gonna lie, I was much, much more relieved that I wasn't gonna NPQ from it instead of it not being cancerous, so I know where you're coming from. Either way you're gonna get looked at by so many medical professionals at MEPs and then NOMI, someone is bound to notice it one way or another. Just get it looked at now.

(wait, nevermind, you're supply, so actually just MEPs might miss it =P (dunno how supply physicals work).... GET IT LOOKED AT)

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
From what I've seen, the Navy won't send you to flight school if you have a cancer diagnosis until you've been in remission for 3 years (even if you've already commissioned when it is found) so, if it is cancer you probably aren't going to flight school, which means waiting is *really* stupid. (I know this because we had a friend who was diagnosed after commision while at NPS before he was to go to flight school. Before he made it to 3 years, they found more cancer and at that point, he was medically discharged after treatment.)

Also, with most skin cancer things are seriously no big deal if caught early. (Call you doctor tomorrow!!!!)

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Let it grow :eek:

Sorry just being an ass. Like everyone else said...get to the damn doctor man

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
I know how you feel, I'm high risk for melanoma (white, 20's, over 50 moles, severe sunburn as a kid, family history) I'm supposed to commission August 9th and I just had two moles removed two days ago and so I gotta sweat it out until next week. Good news is I've had moles removed before and it's been fine. Bottom line, see the doctor it's probably nothing.

Grant73

Hospital Corpsman to Intel Officer?

I realize that Intel is one of the hardest communities to get into, and a majority of enlisted personal that go into the community come from the IS or CT rating and have degrees in Poly SCI, International Relations or National Security. Has there been any other enlisted ratings besides IS or CTs with degrees other than the "preferred" degree to get accepted into the Intel Community? I am an HM2 with a BA in Business Administration and a Masters in Administration with a specialty in HR. I am not qualified for other communities because of my age. I will be 35 in Oct, so I believe Intel would be best bet. Would getting a Graduate Certificate in National Security or Homeland Security increase my chances? Sorry for all the questions.

Logico

I don't think that your degree type is really going to matter as much as you seem to imply. There are plenty of people without the degrees you mentioned in the intel ranks. Just make the most of what you have already and give it a shot.

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Wow, lucky you. It's 34 for me. I may miss the deadline though if I don't class up in time. I hope they will expedite my processing. Sucks to come this close only to miss it due to age.