• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Your chances are....(penalty box for those who can't help asking about their chances)

jooman360

applying for nfo and pilot

ok so i wanna go navy pilot, but i wouldn't mind marine pilot. i would not mind navigator for either branch either. right now i have a 3.5 gpa and i want to apply while my gpa is at its peak. should i apply for navy ocs pilot as first choice and nfo as second and then apply for marines ocs for pilot and then nfo, or should i just apply to one branch. what happens if i get accepted by marines but then navy accepts later. should i just apply as pilot for both branches.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Apply for both. That way if you get accepted to one branch and not the other, you have the first one to pursue. Its like applying for college.

Ric Hard

Not an easy answer. Both will give you a guaranteed contract if selected SNA or NFO. Both will give you the best military training available. However, only the Marine Corps will challenge you mentally and physically in ways you never thought possible. OCS is a screening and evaluation process which is 10 weeks long. If your intelligent, physically strong, and have tough skin then you can get through. Only 10 weeks of being treated like crap. After this comes The Basic School (TBS). Six months of training how to be a rifle platoon commander. The saying, "all Marines are riflemen", comes to life at TBS. This is six months long and challenges you even further. If you can make it through OCS, you can make it through this. TBS will help you not only become a leader, but a leader of Marines; The greatest job in the world. Additionally, TBS will teach you what "Officership" really means. If you can get throgh OCS and TBS, then you can say you earned the right to go to flight school in Pensacola.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
^^Quite a sales pitch from a guy who works at the Olive Garden.

Do you sell the upcharges with the same enthusiasm? "Sure, the angel hair pasta and the angel hair with meatballs are both the best pasta dishes available at a mid-price family restaurant. However only the pasta with meatballs in marinara sauce will really give you the right to say,'I have eaten pasta at a vaguely Italian restaurant."

Ric Hard

Let's see.... I did work at the OG to pay my way through college. Just a side note on that, hostess' and servers love to party. Anyways, finished OCS during the winter and earned a competitive air slot at TBS. Definately not the expert, but just offering a little advice if thats ok by you 46-driver. Always nice to see a fellow Marine throw another under the bus though. That's good trash. Oh, and 5 months of crossfit and your personal best is 220lbs. Thats great sweetheart. Let me know when you want to come lift on the side of the gym where the guys are?

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Let's see.... I did work at the OG to pay my way through college. Just a side note on that, hostess' and servers love to party. Anyways, finished OCS during the winter and earned a competitive air slot at TBS. Definately not the expert, but just offering a little advice if thats ok by you 46-driver. Always nice to see a fellow Marine throw another under the bus though. That's good trash. Oh, and 5 months of crossfit and your personal best is 220lbs. Thats great sweetheart. Let me know when you want to come lift on the side of the gym where the guys are?

It takes more than physical toughness to make it in aviation. If a phrog guy busting your balls a little makes you pissed, you'll be truly harassed in a ready room.

Good talk. ;)

MasterBates

I don't deny that Marine OCS is physically harder than Navy OCS.

However, these "Provisional Rifle Platoon Commanders" that go rah-rah, the rest of you have not "earned" your spot at API, etc.. They do wear on me a bit.

If a winged Marine (except Kbay) gives me shit, they have EARNED their wings and EARNED the right to bust balls.

Ric-

STEP BACK AND PUT THE KOOLAID DOWN BITCH!