• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WOW-This town sucks

FlyFastNow

Blonde
pilot
A few suggestions: 1) learn to dive 2) get off the sofa (or beach towel) and volunteer somewhere one day a week 3) become better at pool/faster at guzzling 12 ozs 4) stop *****ing about the girls, you don't even WANT to hear us ***** about you guys 5) relax, because you get paid for doing nothing. See you at muster.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
FlyFastNow said:
A few suggestions: 1) learn to dive 2) get off the sofa (or beach towel) and volunteer somewhere one day a week 3) become better at pool/faster at guzzling 12 ozs 4) stop *****ing about the girls, you don't even WANT to hear us ***** about you guys 5) relax, because you get paid for doing nothing. See you at muster.

OH SNAP SON!!!! :eek: YOU GoT SERVED UP THE RIZZLE!!!!

I would volunteer somewhere one day a week, but Id rather me volun"TOLD" instead. hahaha. naw...im gonna try to get a stash job at the survival school. I needs to get crackin on my swimming cuz I suck monkeyballs. Lata!

trvsmrtn

pilot
I got my dive certification in college, but I'm afraid to go anymore really. The way things are going for me right now, I'd go diving and have an eardrum burst.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fezz CB said:
...im gonna try to get a stash job at the survival school. I needs to get crackin on my swimming cuz I suck monkeyballs. Lata!
Are you kidding me? Why go lookin' for work? If they need ya, they'll call. If you want to swim, U. of West Florida has some pretty good swimming facilities. Right up the road from Governor's Gate or the other place (where I lived, can't remember the name) on North Davis Hwy. You can swim there till your heart's content.

TrunkMonkey

Spy Navy
Expensive drinks? You can get a case of Miller Lite at the Groovin' Noovin's on Highway 29 for 6 bucks (there's an on-the-box coupon). Then take it to the beach outside the Florabama and stash it in the sand to avoid paying their drink prices all night. Or just take the time to "pre-flight" for a few hours before rolling out to the bars.
FlyFastNow, I'm glad someone said it! You gentlemen in the Pensacola area are not always great prizes in the looks/personality department yourselves.
Oh ya, and if you get really truly bored, there's always PT, along with EPs, limits, and procedures... wait, who am I kidding?

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Your college days are sadly over. And won't return. And coming from Illinois where the bar scene is insane you will never get back to that era.

If you stop comparing it to college and look at it like, "Hey, my friends are sitting at a desk staring out the window wishing they didn't hate their job" it puts it in perspective a little more.

Or go to FSU for a weekend.

Yut.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Steve Wilkins said:
Are you kidding me? Why go lookin' for work? If they need ya, they'll call. If you want to swim, U. of West Florida has some pretty good swimming facilities. Right up the road from Governor's Gate or the other place (where I lived, can't remember the name) on North Davis Hwy. You can swim there till your heart's content.

Is there a fee at UWF? I heard Corry has an outdoor pool, but charge? Does anyone know any places to swim for free??

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
My god. Pensacola is one of the best duty stations out there. Guess what? As was said earlier, you ain't in college anymore. Welcome to real life, where you can't just stumble out the front door of the fraternity into a party.

That being said, check out the bars in P-cola. Get yourself a hobby that gets you off the base and maybe even lets you meet real, non-military people. Hashing, kayaking, triathlons, racing, fishing, poetry readings, whatever floats your boat. There's a 5K every weekend within 20 miles of P-cola and 90% have free beer and hot, athletic women there.

Every duty station has its pluses and minuses. If you can't roll with it, your time in the service will drag like Keith Richards on his last cigarette. If you're in the country, learn to like dirt-track auto-racing. If you're in the city, take in the nightlife. Whatever. Just don't be the guy who's saying "This place is dead." Waah. Guess where else the nightlife sucks? On a boat, or in the field. For six months. Learn to adapt. That, more than anything, will help you out.

teufelsurfer

Helos in Paradise
Fish house on fridays and weekends is popping. Definitely the 'trendy' place to be in pensacola if that's what you're into. Mobile downtown is awesome, check out The Brick Pit BBQ (the best in the SE i swear), or the Microbrewery on Dauphin street or the martini bar. In Pensacola, go to the Blue Angels recreation area, rent some pontoon boats for the day, invite 25 of your closest friends, and sail down the bay gawking at all the hyoooge houses on the water while you booze it up on a saturday afternoon. Learn to surf. Volunteer for habitat for humanity and meet people other than flight students and barstools. Go just across the FL-AL border and pick fresh blueberries and peaches from the farms. Take sailing lessons from the MWR marina. Check out Global Grill for some great tapas. Play pick-up ultimate frisbee or join the intramural soccer team at UWF. Go to the Circle J store in Chumuckla, get yourself a pair of decent cowboy boots and watch the Professional Bullriding circuit when they come to town. Find your trashiest outfit and go watch the monster truck ralley as Gravedigger predictibly wins again.

If you think Pensacola entertainment consists mainly of nights at Seville, YOU ARE WRONG.

DO go hang out at O'Reilys tho, if for nothing else, it's where all your friends will end up.

I did all of the above in Pensacola while I was there and looking back on it, I managed to have a great time. I would do it again if I had to.

Of course, I also had a blast at TBS going out on weekends and such. I think it has more to do with how adventureous and creative the individual is rather than the actual location. I know Marines who swear San Diego and Hawaii suck.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you don't like Hockey, learn to. The Pensacola Ice Pilots games are AWESOME. You're almost guaranteed at least one fight and you can get bombed off your a$$ while watching live sports. What else is better than that?

shortncurly

And the prices can't be beat, either. I spent about 15 bucks and had seats two rows from behind the glass.

I wish Bruins games were so cheap (back in the day, I mean.....)

TrunkMonkey

Spy Navy
teufelsurfer said:
Find your trashiest outfit and go watch the monster truck ralley as Gravedigger predictibly wins again.

I don't know how he does it!!! But both rallies I've been to, Gravedigger has easily overcome obstacles to come from behind and vanquish all conquerors by the end of the night. It's almost like he's supposed to win or something.
And yes, I never thought I would actually know what Gravedigger was. Welcome to Pensacola...