• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WOW-This town sucks

Rugger

Super Moderatress
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dharma - good karma

Don't forget $2 off sushi at Dharma Blue on Mondays!

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
This is entertaining. Any place has sh!t to keep you busy, with the possible exception of Cherry Point and Meridian. Illini, if you can't find anything to do, you could always go to the MWR ticket office and see what they've got available. Or, you could do what I do: Have someone dangle something shiny in my face for a couple hours.

If you drive up to Milton, you could always join the religious crazies picketing people who are 'ignoring God's will'. Or you could knock on doors to support the proposition for Santa Rosa County to FINALLY become a wet county. I'd appreciate that one, actually.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Couple questions... Santa Rosa County is seriously dry?

And come on, are Pensacola girls really that bad?

I've heard you guys griping about P-cola girls since I've been exposed to the Navy... what's with them?

Yessir

Hooker
pilot
joe obviously you havent been in pensacola that long because everyone knows if you dont want trashy girls you go to arety's angels or sammys. They have lots of classy girls there including moms and even one grandmom if my memory serves me correct. I guarantee it will only take a few singles for them to give you the time of day.

dnweinreb

Super DUPER Hornets!
None
I'm with the diver guy. Everyone should be diving. I'll have to put my vote in for Flounders especially on friday nights. I'm also gonna drop the bomb on the all you can eat chinese buffet at hunan on cervantes. it's 7 bucks for lunch during the week, something like 11 or 12 for dinner and weekends and it includes a drink and the most unbelievable huge tasty buffet ever. Dammit, now I'm hungry.

kray1395

flynsail said:
No need to do that. Results

I'm proud to say that I did my part to see that the vote ended up the way it did. Sad thing is that it will still be another 3 months before we could see hard liquor served in this county at the earliest. My only hope is that restaurants that plan on serving liqour by the drink can go ahead and begin building in the meantime so they'll be ready to go 3 months from now. There's a really good chance I won't be living here in Santa Rosa county 3 months from now but I'll be sure to pay a visit so that I can enjoy one of the fine establishments that my vote helped to bring in. It feels good to have the grip that the area churches have on this county loosened up a bit more.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Joe and I checked in the same day. But my week has been pretty fun so far. Lets see.....

1. Went to mcGuires. Drank 2.5 Irish wakes and loss consciousness. Regained consciousness and found myself @ Intermissions? in seville.

2. While attempting to buy a bud, hot chick with alabama accents licks my cheek and proceeds to french kiss me in front of the bartender. I retreat (i know) and instead of givin me sh-t, she grabs her lady friend and begins to make out as comrades and I enjoy the show.

3. Went to Lamberts and had a hot roll thrown at my head. Then the "fake" ketchup, which made me jump and hit my head on the back of the bench. Great food.

4. Saw the Gulf of Mexico in florabama. I plan on going swimming and fishing at the pier sometime.

Pcola is kinda like every middy cruise. It is what you make of it. Drive around. Meet new ppl. Ive already met tons of ppl (mostly usna) and gotten a few numbers from some ladies. Friendships are everlasting (or in some cases, 1 nighters ;) . And if u wanna see/meet hot girls, go to intermissions. Hot bartenders, hot girls, good music. My 2 pesos.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
haha i loved Lamberts...one of the only places that can really feed me till i'm full for a reasonable price

Glad i got to see the Florabama before it was destroyed..i didnt like the 5 mile hike i had to take to a payphone after waking up across the street at 5 in the morning.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
Joe, as a fellow Illini, I can tell you that Pcola definitely isn't a bad place. Yes, it gets a bit repetitive, but once you have been to a few mullet tosses or have spent one too many nights at the Keg, you will know the meaning of fun. And, girls you say? Dude, you are in a NAVY town. You better get used to the fact that the places where you will be stationed will be 80 percent duded. The other 20% will be A. Female flight students and B. Girls w/o teeth. Plus, once you get started with school, you really won't have time to party. I got real bored around month 2 of A-pool. I didn't realize how awesome it was. TRUST ME, it your free time will go to the crapper once you start school. Enjoy the fact that you come to work for 15 minutes a day. Those 15 minutes will turn to 15 hours once you get to the RAG and are learning real world crap. Now that I am off my soapbox...Stuff to do in Pcola...First, if you are looking for free booze, have you been going to the wingings at Flounders? Free beer. And the wingees, for the most part, don't care who's there drinking their beer. Next, the beach, unless you go to San Diego, you will never see another beach like that in your Navy career. Then, yes, Seville, it's an old standby but a good one after you have pregamed enough. Then, the Bama. Where else can you drink Schlitz in a can with your favorite Red Neck, Billy Bob? It's good for the laughs. Plus, they have the Mullet Toss in the summer which is good times. Then, you have the Keg, O'Riley's, Maguire's (if you're desperate), and a couple of local places. Then, you can travel to other places. Tallahasee during football season? Are you kidding me? It's awesome. The ladies are gorgeous and plentiful. I would say New Orleans, but it's underwater. We went there a lot when I was down there. Overall, Pcola isn't a bad place to be. Play some golf, get a tan, and take as much leave as you can. You won't get to take it once the fun that is flight school starts. Welcome to the show that never ends...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fezz CB said:
Joe and I checked in the same day. But my week has been pretty fun so far. Lets see.....
Ahh, now here's an example of an Aviator who knows what he's doing. You'll go far my friend. :D

Brett