• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When Will They Stop Training People On The F-14?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
well to help in answer the original question. i talked to a couple of advanced jet guys out of meridian about a month ago and they told me that people were still selecting F-14s meaning that yes people are still being trained on it. They were as surprised as i was.

JKD

I dont think the F-14 can engage six targets simultaneously without the Pheonix.

The F-14 fire control system can calculate up to 6 fire control solutions while tracking up to 24 targets.

I think the missles would have to be active missles, but shouldn't be limited to the AIM-54 Phoenix. As I think about it though, you wouldn't have much need to fire 6 shorter range missles at the same time... just a thought.

IFT2O

Drinkin' Beer w/ your mom
Originally posted by jaerose
Hey, I was just kidding about the gay stuff...just trying to be funny. Apparently I failed miserably =)

JR

All of us P-3 crewman here in my office laughed our asses off! TEEHEE!

AT1 (AW/NAC) Christopher M. Harrison
VX-20 VP Projects
Bldg 606 RM 16B
harrisoncm@navair.navy.mil
NoTitlesmall.gif

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Fraz, BigWorm is a name that was given, if you really want to know the origins, you will have to IM me.

The further I get along the aviation pipeline, the more I lean towards helos. Personally, I would rather be on an Amphib amongst the grunts, that’s just me. So don’t worry, if things work out, I will be away from your beloved CVW.

But the comment about letting the US Navy fly the over horizon missions was a little naïve. I don’t know whether you’ve been keeping abreast of current events, but there is this whole new concept called Tac-Air Integration. A USMC Strike Fighter Squadron will be integrated into every CVW, increasing from 4 to 10. To top things off, USN Strike Fighter Squadrons will integrate into Marine Expeditionary operations. For those that are curious, this is a one page explanation that is easy to follow. http://hqinet001.hqmc.usmc.mil/AVN/TAI.htm

Once again, this is a little off the subject of the F-14, but it all interrelates into how the commanders decide to allocate the forces. So far, there has not been much about Tac-Air-Integration, but it will affect everyone.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
HAL Pilot, I thought you would get a kick out of this. I send it to certain people on a sporadic basis as a little reminder...almost competes with the sailor joke.
Chips Reminds

fraz76

BigWorm
Thats Outstanding on you leaning towards HELOs, that where it's at in the Corp. Yeah I have been hearing about TAC-Air Intergration. And didnt they just had a Marine Aviator Colonel as a CAG on one of the CVs or something of that nature. It was all just good old Navy-Marine Corp Rivalry. I believe in the Navy-Marine Corp Team.

But you got to chill on how you are making comments "dont be gay" about other peoples interest and goals in Naval Aviation. It was just an honest question. So you need to standfast and watch what you say "Butter Bars". I look forward in working with you in the fleet. Go learn somemore and hopefully you will teach me something new when I get back into the fleet.

Fly Navy,
Fraz
And hay "Dont be gay"...hahahahahha

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Fraz, I agree. It was a witty comment thrown out taken more seriously than meant because of this written format. Just the website name itself implies a dream towards becoming the supreme air machine. The comment wasn’t meant to be an attack against someone’s interests as it was against the “gonna be vs. the wanna be attitude” if it was taken the wrong way, then I apologize.

With the TacAir integration, I would be very curious to see how things pan out. The website I noted above, outlines the ideas between the two commanders, but there is still a lot of uncertainty. In one of the articles I read about the Colonel that was the first Marine to take command of a CAG, or something to that effect. As the Navy integrates into the Expeditionary ops, then it is only a matter of time before a Captain takes command of a Marine Expeditionary Air Group. As much as the Marines hate to admit, it is just a matter of time... As far as keeping naval air alive, integration seems to be a healthy thing, but there are many other implications from both perspectives that are going to have played out…probably a topic for another forum. From the Marine’s side, there is the fear of cultural adjustment, and then from the Navy side, they could lose some of their “creature comforts” out in the tents with the bugs and grunts.

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
Originally posted by fraz76
...you need to standfast and watch what you say "Butter Bars". I look forward in working with you in the fleet. Go learn somemore...

listen man... i just couldn't let this one go. do you really talk like this..? standfast? what the fuk do you think you are? what, you were a little piss ant on some ship for awhile and you think you know some $hit? come on.. just keep your mouth shut about Marines and whats good for the Marines, alright.

and on the subject of gayness.. what is worse than those stupid ass uniforms and covers those poor e-dogs in the navy have to wear.. freakin crack me up every time i see one... i mean i know they have some sort of tradition, but somebody has to wake up and say "fuk history.. let's get these poor bastards something a little more manly, huh?"

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Splendid, that was splendidly elegant…Well, maybe not elegant, but I almost fell out of my chair, that was a good laugh. I can’t wait to hear some of the hyper-sensitive comebacks.

Butter Bars are an interesting phenomena, every body makes fun of them, but at the same time, everybody wants them. Even those with a lot of shiny metal hanging off their collar usually talk about how they would trade everything to go back and do it again. E-6 and up seems to be another story though, they typically don’t seem to want them
skull_125.gif

Navy, what do you mean by cant we all get along? This is just a political debate, or something like that…

I think the topic of the F-14 is officially gone, but since this is slowly turning into a Marine vs. Navy thing, I will show some examples of issues that are going to arise with Tac-Air Integration. This joke from the net illustrates Navy life vs. Marine life pretty well, and even if you get jets with the Navy, you could end up being sent to play with the Marines.

marinelife.jpg

Being a Marine can be tough. At times it means doing without some of the creature comforts of home. But being a Marine they can always make the most of any situation. How about their Navy colleagues?

navylife.jpg

Being in the Navy is tough too. Imagine small dinky wading pools, no beer just cold cola’s and no poolside service.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Originally posted by splendid_splinter
and on the subject of gayness.. what is worse than those stupid ass uniforms and covers those poor e-dogs in the navy have to wear.. freakin crack me up every time i see one... i mean i know they have some sort of tradition, but somebody has to wake up and say "fuk history.. let's get these poor bastards something a little more manly, huh?"
Do you know why the enlisted jumpers have a flap on the front instead of a zipper? It makes a good bib for the Marines to clean their faces after they finish! (edit - just saw this same joke in te NFO section. Guess it's either popular or true!)

You people need to lighten up. It's all good interservice rivalry. If you can't take what's on this board, you are going to have a tough time in the fleet. Aviators love any sign of weakness and exploit it every chance they get. If you complain about something (especially your callsign) than you just dug youself a deeper hole and it will continue to dog you forever. Get a sense of humor.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
hehe..I can't believe this board is still alive after such an innocent question..lol I LOVE this site!

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

Status
Not open for further replies.