• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When Will They Stop Training People On The F-14?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
LOL - didn't realize how tangential this thread became before I posted . . .

If God isn't a Penn State fan, than why is the sky blue and white?

AldAE

I would stay out of the F-14 pipeline. Although I don't know when they will stop training, I do know that you will be at a disadvantage to those that have F-18 experience. VF-101 is going to civilian based maintenance which will make it easier to terminiate the contract once operating the F-14 is not cost productive. A shame in my opinion but that is how we do business.

Most of the rumours I have heard are between 2005-2008 for the last Tomcat squadron.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Tomcat community will continue to train pilots until about a year, year and a half before the last squadron transitions to the Superhornet. They have to keep JO's going to the squadrons. If they shut down the RAG too soon, then the squadrons would run out of JO's. With the S-3 sundown, the RAG is going to shut down 1 1/2 years before the last squadron is gone. Obviously production will decrease as the number of fleet squadrons goes down though, so over time there will be fewer and fewer slots.

nk2985

An Aviator training currently in VF-101 says they will stop traing F-14 pilots sometime in 2005. In addition I found this transition schedule for all the squadrons.

F-14 to F/A-18E/F transition schedule:
Squadron Type Transition date
VF-154 F/A-18F 2004
VF-32 F/A-18F 2005
VF-103 F/A-18F 2005
VF-213 F/A-18F 2006
VF-211 F/A-18F 2006
VF-11 F/A-18E 2007
VF-143 F/A-18F 2007
VF-31 F/A-18F 2007

Fly Navy!!

Paiste

You guys need to get a clue, answer the questions or don't; there is no point to this forum with all you immature precommissioned people ranting on your own little opinions, wait till flight school to have a damned opinion.

Paiste

My above post is for all of the ridiculous and off-topic ridicule of each other's sexuality, etc, use this forum as a tool, not as some mud-slinging fest, and again, save your baseless opinions of what is happening in the fleet until you're there, since you know nothing

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Get a clue? Look who's talking! Why would you drudge up an old argument on your first post unless you, yourself, are trying to start an argument. Look at the dates of the posts that contained argumentative statements. Game on!

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
I must agree with Paiste on this. I hate looking through 5 pages of BS to see if there is any relevant info about the Topic. Oh yeah, this isn't my first post.

Dave

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Okay, but why the hell would you drudge up an old thread just to say you hate the fact that others went off topic? Isn't that defeating the purpose? The validity of his post didn't necessarily lie in the number of posts he'd previously made, Dave. Nevertheless, it's odd to me, considering that's the first thing Paiste had to say. Make any sense?

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It makes sense about the first post being a little argumentative, but I still agree with Paiste and Dave. The entire airwarriors site is filled with posts that have interesting sounding titles but end up being more like a soap opera. The forum is great and there is a place for everything, but I'd rather see the "entertainment" side stay out of the topics that are actually useful to the rest of the world.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Hey Paiste...look at your second post. Oh, sorry to bother you, your good friends irony and hypocrisy are at the door and I think they want to play with you.

T

TSPO

I don't see what everybody is getting so uptight about. Hell, the great flame wars are one of the few reasons I visit this site. I enjoyed this whole thread, lets revive it. (Although few threads can compete with the whole "marines guarantee, Navy doesn't" thread. That one is great, too.)

josejimmenez

Selected for SNFO
So uh,
anyway back to Tomcats, any one have any updated info on how long they'll be training crews,,,last I heard they'd be retired by '07

G

GunsVF-103

Hmm.. My guess is that they'' close up the RAG as soon as there's only 1 last Remaining Tomcat unit in the fleet...
My Gouge tells me that VF-31 will be the last to turn over the keys to their 'Cats in 2007... So Unless thet plan ot make VF-101 the LANTFLT FRS for the Rhino, I guess we'll be Sayin' a tearful good-bye to the final VF-101 class around the same time..

I still have my Final VF-124 class patch that I got a while back in my little black box.... haven't had hte heart to put it on my jacket.....

Status
Not open for further replies.