• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When Will They Stop Training People On The F-14?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuggerat

Since the F-14 is slated to be decommissioned sometime after 2010 when will they stop training people to fly it?...

NavyLonghorn

I want to fly the f-14 because I will get to fly one of the oldest planes in the fleet, and then transition into the newest plane in the fleet. Does that make me gay too?

viv

Midshipman 4/Trash
I wouldn't mind flying a fighter either. I guess I'm gay too....
eyebrows_125.gif

.....kidding....

On another note, what are they gonna do with all the old F-14s ?? Throw 'em away, re-use parts, keep them just in case we go to war ?

GO NAVY BEAT ARMY

jaerose

Hey, what happened to don't ask/don't tell? Just kidding...yeah, there's something inherently gay about wanting to fly the fastest and most powerful fighter in the Navy's arsenal =) Would that make the F-14's radar a "gaydar that can simultaneously track 24 'targets' and 'engage' 6?" OK...I'll quit before I get yelled at!

I think they're going to take out all the advanced electronics and bolt the wings at the low-speed flight level, then sell them to a country in the middle east for oil! J/K...they probably will sell them to one of our more 'financially challenged' allies.

JR

NavyLonghorn

Their is more then one type of bad attitude. Your advice might be waranted, but careful about sounding like you are on a soap box.

Rayman

....and it's hard to put words in anyways that you and only you know the other meaning. Talking about double meanings...

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Originally posted by BigWorm
Fag n 1: Someone who wants to join the Navy because they saw Top Gun and wants to be like Maverick 2 : An officer that only wants to fly his F-14 and then get his command at sea pin later on, will settle for the F-18 if there are no F-14 slots left 3: Rides a rice rocket thinking that he his gods gift to women 4: Ends up flying helo’s, or in the SWO community because their IP realized they had an attitude problem
Funny, for my 16+ years in Naval Aviation I always thought a FAG was a fighter-attack guy (F/A-18 pilot).

jaerose

Hey, I was just kidding about the gay stuff...just trying to be funny. Apparently I failed miserably =)

JR

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Originally posted by BigWorm
Fag n 1: Someone who wants to join the Navy because they saw Top Gun and wants to be like Maverick 2 : An officer that only wants to fly his F-14 and then get his command at sea pin later on, will settle for the F-18 if there are no F-14 slots left 3: Rides a rice rocket thinking that he his gods gift to women 4: Ends up flying helo’s, or in the SWO community because their IP realized they had an attitude problem
Funny, for my 16+ years in Naval Aviation I always thought a FAG was a fighter-attack guy (F/A-18 pilot).

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
man....i never saw the turn this board was gonna take from such an innocent question...

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

kevin

no *%$# !!! the guy just asked how much longer they were training pilots for f14. talk about assuming! *$%*, id love to fly an f14 too (but of course you know from my previous posts id rather fly the su-37! ha!)

jwgross

Zuggerat, ignore Big Worm. Yours was an innocent and honest question, and I wondered the same thing about Tomcat slots. For those who answered the question honestly, thanks.

Big Worm: there are worse things to be than gay (even if your definition makes no sense), like arrogant and intolerant.

Josh

zuggerat

Yo bigworm im not workin my ass off for OCS or whatever because i wanna fly the F-14 i was merely askin a question... if u hate me for likin top gun so go ahead and hate me...thanx for all the responses from everyone else...

Status
Not open for further replies.