• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USS Murtha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAMike

None
Contributor
I am in no way implying Article 88 applies to Rep Murtha. I agree that he's at best a shady character who's name has no business on a warship's transom.

I was referencing the contemptuous remarks towards the sitting Navy Secretary.

Son- this wardroom hasn't transmitted on the right freq. so I'll try it on IQGuard.

Let's say you're at sea and you observe the following situation (photo below). You have 3 choices.

1. You run up to the PIC and tell him that he's grounded due to the numerous safety violations that woman committed during boarding.
2. You quote as much NATOPS bold face as you know in hopes of impressing her.
3. You smile while saying not a word and slip her your phone number.

I'm curious. What is radicaldude's answer? While the correct answer may not be in the list, one should think of it like an API test question.

heloonload.jpg

Flugelman

Contributor
Son- this wardroom hasn't transmitted on the right freq. so I'll try it on IQGuard.

Let's say you're at sea and you observe the following situation (photo below). You have 3 choices.

1. You run up to the PIC and tell him that he's grounded due to the numerous safety violations that woman committed during boarding.

I'm curious. What is radicaldude's answer? While the correct answer may not be in the list, one should think of it like an API test question.

heloonload.jpg

I'm sorry, I got distracted... Wot was the question??? :icon_smil

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
OK Flash....so you and ensign Sizzletits report me to SECNAV's office for calling him a hack on A-Dubs.....

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OK Flash....so you and ensign Sizzletits report me to SECNAV's office for calling him a hack on A-Dubs.....

Don't worry too much, I'll just put it in your file for later reference ;).

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
You blackmailn SOB!!
I guess that means I owe you beers at O'Connells, Murphy's, or Pat Troys....
or all 3?

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Don't be that douchebag and stop while you're ahead. Get out of API and do something before you start trying to sea lawyer us.
What he said!

heloonload.jpg

Was there a question? :confused:

I'm sorry, I got distracted... Wot was the question??? :icon_smil
Damn, beat me to it! :(

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
ATTN MODS: Please ban me/delete my profile if I'm too controversial. I know I'm just a stupid ensign but there's are folks on this site who make me sad to be considered in their company as a commissioned officer. Some of you act like everything in life (and on AWs) is a big dick measuring contest. Well I got some stupid ensign news: it ain't. You're a commissioned officer in the United States military, and you fucking failed at the basics. You're not a fucking political commentator. You have a job, clearly delineated by BUPERS and your command. So do that job. Keep it separate from your retarded and/or well informed political opinions. Don't advertise your job as CVN-65 CATCC officer and simultaneously rag on SECNAV. I'm a stupid Academy guy and a douche. I know nothing and am a stupid ignorant fag. Please interpret as necessary.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
You notice she is leaving with the aviators so she can get away from the shipboard types? Typical. :)

And radicaldude is correct...it's not hard to take issue with the naming without using contemptuous language on the Secretary of the Navy.

EM1

Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit
ATTN MODS: Please ban me/delete my profile if I'm too controversial. I know I'm just a stupid ensign but there's are folks on this site who make me sad to be considered in their company as a commissioned officer. Some of you act like everything in life (and on AWs) is a big dick measuring contest. Well I got some stupid ensign news: it ain't. You're a commissioned officer in the United States military, and you fucking failed at the basics. You're not a fucking political commentator. You have a job, clearly delineated by BUPERS and your command. So do that job. Keep it separate from your retarded and/or well informed political opinions. Don't advertise your job as CVN-65 CATCC officer and simultaneously rag on SECNAV. I'm a stupid Academy guy and a douche. I know nothing and am a stupid ignorant fag. Please interpret as necessary.
I think the only issue people had here sir is in your delivery. Even if someone is wrong, if you don’t address it in a way that seems to be at least mutually respectful, you’re going to piss off your peers, and REALLY piss off anyone considerably higher than you. Not that you shouldn’t help your shipmates out and show them where they might be getting close to the line, but I think when you go about it like this
Good to see Article 88 is as much a joke as wardroom rules around here.

You come off more like an ass, and less like someone who is looking out for your Senior’s best interest. Just my 2 cents. I only have limited exposure to the aviation community, but I’ve told plenty of Senior’s they were wrong, and in my case it’s gone exactly one of two ways depending on how I addressed it.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
You're a commissioned officer in the United States military, and you fucking failed at the basics....I'm a stupid Academy guy and a douche. I know nothing and am a stupid ignorant fag. Please interpret as necessary.

Seriously?

Shpion1

Contributor

Dude,

I wasn't gonna get into this as a Non-Aviator, but you referenced Commissioned Officers and I have a little seatime here and there as such.

First off CHILL. This issue here is not the biggest deal out there. It's small stuff and dont sweat the small stuff. Can't see why anyone would get so worked up over freaking "political hack". The guy kinda qualifies and it's not detrimental. Well, not thaaat detrimental.

"everything in life (and on AWs) is a big dick measuring contest". You do realize that you signed up for aviation right. As far as I could tell in 4 aviation tours, you better buy a fucking measuring tape. Because whether is drinking, hot babes, landing at the boat or bombs on fucking target. YUP, ITS A DICK MEASURING CONTEST. And you need to be competitive.

Nobody made issue of you being an academy guy, a douche or a fag. Just about limited experience. But if that's how you choose to self describe, it is after all a democracy.

Last but not least, some of the best advice I got was from my first skipper as an ENS. He said let Lions fight Lions. Meaning that as and ENS, I really shouldn't be arguing with CDRs/COs even if I was right. That was his job. As a prior E he let me take on O4s. Lesson, pick your fights and pick em wisely.

I aint picking a fight, just informing you that theres bigger things in life to worry about and get your thong in a bunch than a whole bunch of guys, be they commissioned or not debating online.

Back to surfing.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Chillax, Turbo. Step away from the Kool Aide. Go read a drill manual or something, then rub one out to the nearest navy instruction.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord

I think the only issue people had here sir is in your delivery. Even if someone is wrong, if you don’t address it in a way that seems to be at least mutually respectful, you’re going to piss off your peers, and REALLY piss off anyone considerably higher than you. Not that you shouldn’t help your shipmates out and show them where they might be getting close to the line, but I think when you go about it like this
[/COLOR]
You come off more like an ass, and less like someone who is looking out for your Senior’s best interest. Just my 2 cents. I only have limited exposure to the aviation community, but I’ve told plenty of Senior’s they were wrong, and in my case it’s gone exactly one of two ways depending on how I addressed it.

I respect that, but the truth is o's on here feel like they have immunity, but the truth is, they don't. They're foolish if they think they haven't already been reported to SECNAV. They can ban me of they want, but it won't make them riight, no matter how 'RESPECTFUL' i am to their rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.