• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USS Murtha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cagoodrich1953

Ancient F-4C/D Avionics Puke
Not a big fan of naming ships for politicos. Exceptions would be Ike, etc. But if it helps bring in bucks for more ships, I guess you do what you gotta do.

CAMike

None
Contributor
This isn't going to withstand the test of time. No way. Seriously who would accept command of that ship? A gung ho SWO? No!

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
From another board:

LPD 26...

It will take Marines to hostile shores, dump them on the beach without support, immediately leave, refuse to resupply them, then broadcast propganda about how evil those same Marines are.

It also comes with an oversized, unused flight deck.

JANAP callsign: ABSCAM

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
Sheboygan is a sweet town... (Navy will never take my WI heritage!!!)

Didn't mean any offense. I've never been there. I just think it's a funny name.

I can assure you that Odessa is NOT a "sweet" town.

Will_T

Will_T
I think we should have another USS Indianapolis, doesn't sound like many people are fond of Murtha (just sounds ugly, doesn't it?)

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
This isn't going to withstand the test of time. No way. Seriously who would accept command of that ship? A gung ho SWO? No!

What about the USS HARRY S TRUMAN??? He cancelled the USS UNITED STATES in favor of USAF primacy in nuclear stike capability!!! This lead to the Revolt of the Admiral's and the CNO lost his job because of it.

The Navy named an aircraft carrier after a man who CANCELLED a whole class of carriers, so you think that Murtha's comments will be a show stopper?? I could not disagree more.

Status
Not open for further replies.