• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USS Murtha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
The man doesn't deserve to have his name listed in the same breath as the USS John Paul Jones, The Sullivans, Jason Dunham. Maybe we could find something more deserving of his name and reputation, like the shitters and bilges.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Ray Mabus is a political hack who wants his legacy to be a great green biofueled fleet. If this (LPD name decision) actually goes through, I will have lost any remaining scintilla of faith that I had in Our leadership....
shows nothing but absolute contempt for the Sailors and Marines that would man this ship.
I absolutely believe in this statement from the Time's editorial:
DON should release the documents that pinpoint its origins and the process by which it was decided.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
YGBFSM. Why dont we start naming our ships for something pure fuckin American...like...THE USS TRIPLE BACON CHEESEBURGER...or...THE USS FUCK WITH US AND WE'LL KILL YOU.:icon_rage:icon_rage

Jesus, WTF is goin on these days?

Will_T

Will_T
YGBFSM. Why dont we start naming our ships for something pure fuckin American...like...THE USS TRIPLE BACON CHEESEBURGER...or...THE USS FUCK WITH US AND WE'LL KILL YOU.:icon_rage:icon_rage

Jesus, WTF is goin on these days?

If we are going in that direction, I vote USS Baconator. Maybe the USS Meredith would be better received though, especially to the USMC.

lyricsavvy

SWO, ENG-R- KILL!
+1,000,000,000,000,000

Absolutely.

It's time to contact my congressman.

...I just threw up a little in my mouth. Are you freaking kidding me?!
Why pander like this? Disgraceful...imagine her moored next to the USS NEW YORK, like steel oxymorons.
They ought to stop making the San Antonio classes, period, until they fix those already active in the fleet...ahem, ENGINES?!

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
It does, however, mention "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the Secretary of a military department."

[/FONT]
Ray Mabus is a political hack ... If this (LPD name decision) actually goes through, I will have lost any remaining scintilla of faith that I had in Our leadership....

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
I am in no way implying Article 88 applies to Rep Murtha. I agree that he's at best a shady character who's name has no business on a warship's transom.

I was referencing the contemptuous remarks towards the sitting Navy Secretary.

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
I am in no way implying Article 88 applies to Rep Murtha. I agree that he's at best a shady character who's name has no business on a warship's transom.

I was referencing the contemptuous remarks towards the sitting Navy Secretary.

Don't be that douchebag and stop while you're ahead. Get out of API and do something before you start trying to sea lawyer us.

Status
Not open for further replies.