• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Urban Legends

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hell, the flux valves sometimes are the only things working from that stinkin' CAINS II setup. The GPS can't receive under the island, the SINS won't work (unable to receive), and you're sitting there with only the magnetic compass. Those flux valves at least help the alignment get close! Close enough to launch from the boat and not fly into Iran...errrr...then again.... uhhh.... I digress.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
We're not THAT young! Every kid has seen that movie... it's right up there with Star Wars.

You are so wrong. I had this FREAK (if you know who you are, im joking) who was on my first class cruise that had not seen one star wars OR one back to the future movie. He was also the one who asked what was on a BLT during dinner in the ward room being serious. He got a lot of hassle for that one.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
You are so wrong. I had this FREAK (if you know who you are, im joking) who was on my first class cruise that had not seen one star wars OR one back to the future movie. He was also the one who asked what was on a BLT during dinner in the ward room being serious. He got a lot of hassle for that one.

Did you do the humane thing and execute him? ;)

Hell, the flux valves sometimes are the only things working from that stinkin' CAINS II setup. The GPS can't receive under the island, the SINS won't work (unable to receive), and you're sitting there with only the magnetic compass. Those flux valves at least help the alignment get close! Close enough to launch from the boat and not fly into Iran...errrr...then again.... uhhh.... I digress.

The INS (CAINS II) in the COD is easy; push buttons and pray. TCAS and TAWS are a b*tch. Always a good idea to steer clear of Iran while in the COD.

Super18Ordie

F/A-18 Ordnanceman
Ok here is a couple more that I found

story about a young FC3 (spyguy you might have heard this) he is coming on the base drunk and the civilian cops are chasing him and he gets the pier where his ship was, I think it was a destroyer, and runs onto the ship and goes to CIC and turns on the radar and fries the cops.

if you give a girl your white hat she will sleep with you

the throwing of coins as you pass under the Coranado Bridge

twidget

Deskaholic
the throwing of coins as you pass under the Coranado Bridge

Our tradition was to throw a white-hat under the bridge on your way back from your last underway. If it sinks, you'll never go to sea on that ship again. If it floats...

Amazing how much better they sink with holes in them and fifty pounds of junk metal attached.:icon_wink

beau

Tennis balls?...I've heard the one about rocks. Assuming you are talking about how the chicks write their numbers on someting (tennis ball/rock) and chuck them at the ship in hopes of getting a date for the port call.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
Something about a spud gun, a bunch of potatoes and shooting them at the Arabs who were flipping you off while going thru the Suez Canal on the Independence in Sept. 1984....................................Oh wait that was true.

Cate

Pretty much invincible
The way I heard that one from a Venezuelan sailor, a girl can wear the hat if she gives him a kiss, but she can only keep the hat if she's willing to wake up next to it.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
In the COD, which has flux valves for emergency mode hars and ins, we used to tell our AECS (a helo guy) that the problem with the plane was the flux capacitor and send him to maintenance to report that we needed to order one.

I'm amazed that a Senior chief didn't know what that was, especially since Flux Valves are on pretty much every aircraft, including helos. Then again, if he was a Mech, I guess that's not his part of the aircraft.

ip568

None
People that washed out of AOCS were killed and eaten by the DIs. (we always wondered why their personal effects were never sent home...)

nugget81

pilot
During the briefing portion of a checkride, you can impress your check pilot by starting every answer with the phrase:

"You probably didn't know this but...."

And just to spice things up every now and then be sure to throw in:

"Well Sparky, I doubt you knew this...."

You are guaranteed to pass!!