• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Urban Legends

makana

I wake up in the morning & I piss excellence.
pilot
Fly Navy said:
Now you're just being a smart a@@. :)
Normally, you would be right in saying that but I honestly wasn't trying to be. It's all good.

mjmiller05

TheBubba said:
8) You'll start API within a few weeks of checking into NASC...

This did actually happen to us. But we were academy guys and we had all already completed IFS and had most of our medical paperwork processed. But, we checked in on 5 AUG and everyone (about 20-30 of us) was classed up by the 21st, I believe, for pilots anyway. NFO's you're SOL, wait is like 2-3 months.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Fly Navy said:
Whether or not it does, you aren't allowed to wash your flight suit unless there is salt on it :icon_tong

Does salt from sweat count? 'Cuz if it does, you'll have some nice stains by the time you get done preflighting in this nice hot sun down here (or if you happen to be in VT-4...5 minutes of sitting in the "air conditioning" in the ready room).

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Road Program said:
Does salt from sweat count? 'Cuz if it does, you'll have some nice stains by the time you get done preflighting in this nice hot sun down here (or if you happen to be in VT-4...5 minutes of sitting in the "air conditioning" in the ready room).

You think it's hot there? Meridian this summer was hotter than both summers I spent in Pensacola, I sh!t you not. No nice sea-breeze here. Good lord it's terrible here in the summer.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
You think it's hot there? Meridian this summer was hotter than both summers I spent in Pensacola, I sh!t you not. No nice sea-breeze here. Good lord it's terrible here in the summer.
Try Nellis in July, or Saudi in August. :D

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
Try Nellis in July, or Saudi in August. :D

Brett

Oh god, I can't imagine the Middle East.

I can't comment on the "dry-heat" of the desert southwest, but the humidity here is freakin disgusting!

I never ever thought I'd say it... but I can't wait for winter...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Oh god, I can't imagine the Middle East.

I can't comment on the "dry-heat" of the desert southwest, but the humidity here is freakin disgusting!

I never ever thought I'd say it... but I can't wait for winter...

Having been to El Centro in June, Meridian is far worse, IMO.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
The sea story about the guy who is on ship/deployment, gets a box of cookies and a video from his wife/girlfriend. Him and all his Devildogs/Shipmates are sitting around eating the cookies and watching the video, when all of a sudden it cuts to his wife/girlfriend fornicating with a 3rd party. The video ends with the wife putting the liquid product of their fornication in the batter of the cookies.

Have heard this, or variations of this all over the place (I believe it was in the book Jarhead as well).

--

Also heard this one today: The one about getting a fresh haircut once a pay period (two weeks) vice once a week as is the norm in the fleet.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
A haircut once a week is the norm? Must be a Marine thing. A haircut is at its best a week after you have it, so by getting your hair cut once a week, you have maybe two or three hours of good hair before you get it cut again.

Personally, I time my haircuts to coincide with events. Friend getting married? Haircut one week prior. Going to a formal? Haircut one week prior. Big date next Friday? I think you get the drift.

Seriously, though...is there a reg somewhere about how often you have to get your hair cut? I've never heard of the "norm" of getting your hair cut once a week in the fleet.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
While the thread is on the topic of haircuts, what's with the Army guys I see here using gel to slick that little bit of hair in the front down on their foreheads like if they don't it'll fly away?

Road Program said:
Seriously, though...is there a reg somewhere about how often you have to get your hair cut? I've never heard of the "norm" of getting your hair cut once a week in the fleet.

For the Navy I know that the following has a lot of information on the topic of haircuts. The link is Chapter two section two of the Uniform Regulations which has a link from Bupers website. I'm not sure if their is a specific time period in between hair cuts because everyone's hair grows at differently, some not at all.

http://buperscd.technology.navy.mil/bup_updt/upd_CD/BUPERS/Unireg/Chapter2.PDF

Paul

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
Crowbar said:
1) Dishonorable discharges are automatically upgraded to honorable six months after you get out.

2) The GI Bill will cover all of your expenses in college.

3) You will get enough credit hours from your service schools to graduate college without setting foot inside a college classroom.

4) Get married and move out in town! You'll be rolling in cash!

1) this is true for admin/general discharges, but there is some loophole paperwork that has to be submitted to make it happen.

2) the GI bll kicks ass and covers what ever you want it to cover. They just cut you a check every month you are enrolled in school. Spend it how you like.

3) for a lot of schools all you need is an english and a couple of electives and you can get a AA from that Navy friendly JC that just wants the $200 for the piece of paper.

4) mostly true for E-1/2/3 in the beginning. Many people got married to classmates in GM 'A' school just to get off that horrid base for 6 months.

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
skidkid said:
6) They wont put you on bread and water on the ship, they cant.

Not sure if you were kidding here or not, but E-3 and below are most certainly capable of being put on B&W. That is 100% in the regs.