• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Tough" talk from Iran

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
You are thinking of Iran's conventional military capabilities, they are not going to limit themselves to that. Their primary retaliation to a hostile action against them would probably not be through conventional means/arms (and I am not talking WMD either).

Even if we are going to think about conventional capabilites. When was the last time we went up against true integrated air defence? :(

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
You are thinking of Iran's conventional military capabilities, they are not going to limit themselves to that. Their primary retaliation to a hostile action against them would probably not be through conventional means/arms (and I am not talking WMD either).
I'm not sure if you are cryptically referring to our weakness for oil--but as far as blowing up a few sites and "having done with it" goes--I would not expect Iran to lay down for that.

They may turn more of a blind eye to that which was recently alleged by The New Yorker.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I'm not sure if you are cryptically referring to our weakness for oil--but as far as blowing up a few sites and "having done with it" goes--I would not expect Iran to lay down for that.

They may turn more of a blind eye to that which was recently alleged by The New Yorker.
I would say he is referring more to Iran using Hezbollah, or Hamas to do damaging attacks around the region, which would draw us in to a war which would not triple but cube all of the resources we would need to bring peace...

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I need to find the article about how Iran said they would immediately take control of the Strait of Hormuz. Then they went on about how they would use Hezbollah and Hamas to get Israel and to attack our interests abroad..i'm assuming abroad for Iran is right here at home and in Europe. Then they would defend themselves by conventional means.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I would say he is referring more to Iran using Hezbollah, or Hamas to do damaging attacks around the region, which would draw us in to a war which would not triple but cube all of the resources we would need to bring peace...

Raptor is right, Iran helped create Hezbollah and still supports it to this day. Hezbollah has relatively unique capabilities to conduct terrorist strikes around the world, and would likely support their patron Iran in a conflict. Which is why you should not just consider the number of planes or missiles Iran has when you think of a conflict with them.

Here is an article about Iran's recent economic troubles:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/29/AR2008062901978.html

Seymour Hersh.........seems to have a bug up his ass about us striking Iran. I think he is letting his personal politics get in the way of his reporting.