• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Tough" talk from Iran

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
They should be cooperating and trying to at least look like they're playing nice. What's the deal here?

"If you do not hand over the weapons of mass destruction, we will be very very angry with you..."

hans.jpg

They don't think (and that's a somewhat reasonable assumption on their part) that anyone will do anything about it... Also, as far as nuclear gun club; it's kind of a damned if we do damned if we don't proposition for them, as they see it.

Althought I will say that for once in short, myopic little life, I have opinion / idea what is going to happen next. Whenever next really turns out to be.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
"Our last word is that if you want to head toward Iran, be sure to bring with you a walking stick and a pair of artificial legs, because if you do come to Iran, you will no longer have legs to go back home with," Hejazi said.

Hahaha I think that loses something in translation.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
sounds like my dad (he's iranian) ordering McDonald's... "uhhh eh yesss...i woood eh-like twenty pieces of cheeeeken nugget and two hamburger tank- eh youuu"

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
They don't think (and that's a somewhat reasonable assumption on their part) that anyone will do anything about it... Also, as far as nuclear gun club; it's kind of a damned if we do damned if we don't proposition for them, as they see it.
Yeah, valid point.

Frankly, this seems to be a lot of talk, not much substance. "There are no gays in Iran." "Be careful lest they face a new catastrophe." When it comes down to it, does anyone see Ahamedinejad actually trying anything?

I'd be interested to see what some more of the officers here think.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
This was not Ahmadinejad saying this..it was the head General of the Revolutionary Guards. In Iran Ahmadinejad is not the policy maker or really a player..the Supreme Leader of the "Assembly of Experts" Ali Khamenei and his assembly pretty much run the show. These generals are loyal to them not to Ahmadinejad. The "president" is a messenger and if they (the assembly) do not agree with him, Ahmadinejad gets the hook. Pretty much what happened to Mohammad Khatami.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This was not Ahmadinejad saying this..it was the head General of the Revolutionary Guards. In Iran Ahmadinejad is not the policy maker or really a player..the Supreme Leader of the "Assembly of Experts" Ali Khamenei and his assembly pretty much run the show. These generals are loyal to them not to Ahmadinejad. The "president" is a messenger and if they (the assembly) do not agree with him, Ahmadinejad gets the hook. Pretty much what happened to Mohammad Khatami.

That is a little bit dismissive. He is a player, a fairly big one, but not the biggest.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
i agree i under represented him..however he is a puppet of the supreme leader and has a "company line" he needs to follow...Khatami started using his own brain and logic and look what happened to him, he "lost" his election.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Jackass said:
They still can't fuck with us, not even close. THey can't even fuck with Israel.

you think they dont fvck with israel just because they are "worried" about israel..there is something called the free world and the United States just WAITING for Iran to make a play on israel, that would be rediculously stupid of Iran.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
sometimes capability goes so far...Google Operation Ramadan..Iraq had more "capability" than Iran and backing of the United States..Iran would not just be a "bigger Iraq".

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jackass said:
They still can't fuck with us, not even close. THey can't even fuck with Israel.

Don't underestimate your enemies.......ever.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
i agree i under represented him..however he is a puppet of the supreme leader and has a "company line" he needs to follow...Khatami started using his own brain and logic and look what happened to him, he "lost" his election.

Again, way oversimplifying it. Internal Iranian politics are just as complicated as any other country's, maybe even more than most due to the 'dual' governments.

He didn't 'lose' anything that I remember, he was elected and served the maximum two terms as President.