• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Tough" talk from Iran

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Hey, I resemble that remark!

What, the sixth-handers, or the nonsense part?? :D

For the record, I've never seen as large a breadth of self-education as yours properly applied and cited in argumentation over das internets. Do you eat volumes for breakfast? I mean sure, some of the articles you must come across MUST be wrong / retarded, but that's half the reason I get into arguments. To make sure my facts are facts, scientific, stylized, or otherwise.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
OK, why is this banner ad on this thread ? :eek:

imgad.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
OK, why is this banner ad on this thread ? :eek:
Mebbe it's Persian kitty cats??? :)

After draggin' myself through this thread (and others similar) searching for some "new" insight ... it still seems the one nice thing about the Iran "should-we-or-shouldn't-we" situation is:

The Jews will do it.

And while they'd like our support and assistance I am certain, they don't see that as a drop-dead pre-requisite line drawn in the sand.

That's the one constant in the Middle East -- besides an irrational hatred of all things "infidel" (w/ the exception of what oil money can buy from the West for the ruling families, of course) -- the Jews, having learned some hard lessons over their history -- will vote for self-preservation.

I like. :)

Immy

Yeah, the Israeli military doctrine is called "no alternative" for a reason. They HAVE to strike, or face being wiped off of the earth.

I guarantee that if Iran comes anywhere close to having operational nuclear weapons they will launch a preemptive strike regardless of the consequences.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Yeah, the Israeli military doctrine is called "no alternative" for a reason. They HAVE to strike, or face being wiped off of the earth.

I guarantee that if Iran comes anywhere close to having operational nuclear weapons they will launch a preemptive strike regardless of the consequences.

So you really think if/when Iran goes online with their nukes...they are going to attack Israel? Israel attacking some building in Syria "pre-emptively" is wayyyyy different with respect to Iran. The world would condemn Israel and blame them for the shitstorm that would result from said "pre-emptive" strike.

And according to your "sources" how close or not close do you think Iran is from developing a nuke? There still is a lot of table talk left on the table before anything like that would happen. What you have proposed is the last thing that the Middle East needs..it's already a hot enough over there. (literally :) )

m0tbaillie

Former SWO

By what? US Intel (and the NIE) has already concluded over and over that Iran ceased their nuclear [weapons] program in '03.

For whatever inane reason, it seems to be politically convenient for certain parties and groups to blatantly ignore this fact and dismiss the NIE report as well as our own collective intelligence on the matter. At this point, the continued saber-rattling on boths sides seems to be just that - saber-rattling.

The assessment, which represents the consensus of the 16 U.S. intelligence agencies, including the CIA and the National Security Agency, is expected to have major implications for the ongoing debate over whether to confront Iran militarily or through diplomatic means, an issue that has been a source of friction within the Bush administration and with some members of the international community.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/politics/bulletin/bulletin_071204.htm
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/dec/03/iran.usa1
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-iran4dec04,0,2695315.story?coll=la-home-center

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I will go on record as saying that the USA's IC has had some very flawed NIEs in the past.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I will go on record as saying that the USA's IC has had some very flawed NIEs in the past. Until you get read in to the SCI level m0t.... you really can't comment on what the intel community really thinks is going on.