• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tomorrow is the Big Day

ABM22

A good friend who has excellent connections. I know it sounds fishy but ill be honest, he is a FROG who usually never lies or has bad intel. Either way, all of it is scuttlebutt and I am treating it as such. Honestly I would rather believe 13 August and get a call tomorrow than think tomorrow and be disappointed.

I work for the government now and when someone gives a date around here, there is usually a 2-3 week buffer to that date.
2-3 week buffer? Child's play. Try reading the Navy Times where you regularly have to add AT LEAST 6 months to every supposed up and coming change they report. The Navy is going to make some uniform changes in FY14 you say? FY15 it is then!

Evan Pappas

A good friend who has excellent connections. I know it sounds fishy but he is a FROG who usually never lies or has bad intel. Either way, all of it is scuttlebutt and I am treating it as such. I would rather believe 13 August and get a call tomorrow than think tomorrow and be disappointed.

I work for the government now and when someone gives a date around here, there is usually a 2-3 week buffer to that date.

Did he say what that date is based on? Was the board pushed back significantly later than scheduled? If that is in fact the date that the results will be released then the wait time will be multiple weeks longer compared to the December and March boards.

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
We really need to stop throwing these supposed dates around. Until we hear something official, this is doing no good to anyone.

ABM22

Haha! I really don't understand the point of the blueberry.
You know how when you are a little kid in elementary school and see all the other kids with their cool, new super hero lunch boxes (some even get a thermos!) while all you have is a crappy little brown bag? That feeling is why the blueberry exists. Some Navy chiefs were sitting around one day in their dungarees watching all the other services get snazzy new camo (Army was the little bastard with the thermos, naturally) when one of them got fed up and decided it was high time that the Navy got camo too.

"But Chief, why does the Navy need camo!?" some well intentioned but ultimately naive Seaman asks.

"Son, do you know who else is wearing camo now?" Chief asks incredulously. Seaman ShouldHaveKeptMyMouthShut wished he had never asked. "The Air Force! THE AIR FORCE!" Chief yells.

Maturin90

I have not yet begun to fight.
Brilliant!
The only place they would camouflage you is in the water though and the last place I don't want people to see me is if I fall overboard.

ABM22

Brilliant!
The only place they would camouflage you is in the water though and the last place I don't want people to see me is if I fall overboard.
Very true! The only people that could possibly use it would be Seals and if I recall correctly they don't even wear the blueberries. Just another piece of evidence to suggest my little re-enactment may not stray too far from the truth....

jlentz1

Yeah I just talked to mine. Apparently the SNA/SNFO boards were finished on the 15th and the SWO board took a little longer and didn't finish till last Thursday. He said all results should be in tomorrow or early next week. So lets all hope tomorrow!!

Tiffany Murphy

Action is the foundational key to all success.
Yeah I just talked to mine. Apparently the SNA/SNFO boards were finished on the 15th and the SWO board took a little longer and didn't finish till last Thursday. He said all results should be in tomorrow or early next week. So lets all hope tomorrow!!

This is what I was told too.