• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tomorrow is the Big Day

mrmperry

Graffiti Dinosaur
Got an email from my OR today. My kit . . . has not . . . been submitted.

*cue laughter and and slow wag of head*

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Guess I am asking if it wasn't sent at all or sent but after submission date.

mrmperry

Graffiti Dinosaur
As I understand it, my OR sent my kit out the day before the due date, and then it found a nesting place somewhere in Hawaii or LA. (My OR is in Guam because I was living in Japan when I started the process.) He, and therefore I, was just informed this afternoon that all is not well--I need to submit an official withdrawal form for the aborted PAO portion of my application package.

So, assuming the board has met (and I hope for y'all's sakes they have), they haven't seen my kit. I'm disappointed, but it's fine. I'm only 24. I'll get it on the next go around.

DoubleOswo7

As I understand it, my OR sent my kit out the day before the due date, and then it found a nesting place somewhere in Hawaii or LA. (My OR is in Guam because I was living in Japan when I started the process.) He, and therefore I, was just informed this afternoon that all is not well--I need to submit an official withdrawal form for the aborted PAO portion of my application package.

So, assuming the board has met (and I hope for y'all's sakes they have), they haven't seen my kit. I'm disappointed, but it's fine. I'm only 24. I'll get it on the next go around.

I only disliked cause thats a bummer man. You will get your packet in there soon no worries.

TA910

"Spoon"
pilot

Wow. :( Well I love your outlook on the situation. Sucks that things happened the way they did, but keep going. Next round is yours. May even be a rolling board for you soon. Never know

Maturin90

I have not yet begun to fight.
A similar thing happened to me in March. My OR sent my package in to the regional office and we both believed it had been submitted. I didn't find out until around May that it had never been submitted (they bever said why but insuspect itmwas because it was misplaced) and all the while my OR had been telling me that I should hear back soon. Makes me a little paranoid this go round. Best of luck mate!

elliottm2

mrmperry, that SUCKS man, Im so sorry, NRD philly set their due date in advance for that reason ( that and my OR was transitioning to a new role, and his LAST DAY was two days before the due date). Ugh, I would be soooo mad!

I also feel for you because it would have been awesome to have someone else who is proficient at Japanese in OCS.

CTplt777

Does anyone happen to know where the board actually meets? I assume DC but I could be totally wrong and am just curious. Thanks.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
They should meet at CNRC in Millington Tennessee. That is where the Navy recruiting headquarters is and where the packages physically go to.

BleedGreen

pilot
The board members don't physically meet in person. The members of the board could be across the country from each other, however each member still reviews every packet for selection.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
I will be down at the NRD in Richmond on Friday and ask the Master chief who heads up the officer recruiting how the board is conducted and where. If results haven't come out by that point at least we will have random facts and knowledge to discuss!

Surf

pilot
I will be down at the NRD in Richmond on Friday and ask the Master chief who heads up the officer recruiting how the board is conducted and where. If results haven't come out by that point at least we will have random facts and knowledge to discuss!

I'm putting my money on Friday, and by money I mean my sanity.:D