• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tomorrow is the Big Day

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My dad took me to Pensacola the other day to get measured at Abbott uniforms (where he used to get his uniforms) because he is pretty confident about my package. I just hope that didn't jinx it.
Good move, Pensacola Abbots must be doing things right, I ordered my first uniforms (SDBs, SDKs, & AWGs) while in advanced some 55 years ago! They wore like iron.;)
BzB

eddieoctane

Everyone, the only thing I heard was my nerves. No phone call. I guess no news at all is at least bad news? haha. Elliotm2 my NRD was based out in Philadelphia. my OR was Lt. Cylc but there was a a recent change of command. The new OR inplace is Lt. Smith. Allegedly he's out of the office (i'm gussing furloughed or in the field??) till August 15. Bob Windham - Happy birthday bud! Grab a few birthday celeberation drinks for all of us! After this waiting, you (and all) need it. Positive thoughts y'all.

LT Cylc was my OR as well, which is kind of annoying because I spoke with him on the phone in early June when finalizing my paperwork for last week's board and he said nothing to me. I sent him an email this week, and got a response from LT Smith, who is out of the office until 13 August. I am hoping that I hear before then. I'm just glad I got all my paperwork in before this changeover.

Navy_Zodi55

Keep on Swimming
LT Cylc was my OR as well, which is kind of annoying because I spoke with him on the phone in early June when finalizing my paperwork for last week's board and he said nothing to me. I sent him an email this week, and got a response from LT Smith, who is out of the office until 13 August. I am hoping that I hear before then. I'm just glad I got all my paperwork in before this changeover.

I'm REALLY happy that LT Cylc didn't jet off in middle of my packages and completely finished mine too! I actually called the NRD to speak to the secretaries and she said LT Smith left them with some stuff to handle while he was out. So I'm hoping they call us?!?!I don't want to wait until August 13! That's forever!

elliottm2

I'm REALLY happy that LT Cylc didn't jet off in middle of my packages and completely finished mine too! I actually called the NRD to speak to the secretaries and she said LT Smith left them with some stuff to handle while he was out. So I'm hoping they call us?!?!I don't want to wait until August 13! That's forever!
I REALLY don't want to wait that long. God that would suck. Maybe one of the chiefs or the junior LTs will call us? Argh

eddieoctane

I REALLY don't want to wait that long. God that would suck. Maybe one of the chiefs or the junior LTs will call us? Argh

For me, it's not so much the wait as the loss of time to get things in order. I'm doing some of that now, but I'm not going to go buy anything that I don't already need before I know I'm in. Less time to make those final preparations is annoying at best. At worst, you could show up to OCS without everything you need. All it takes to take care of that issue is a 30 second phone call from one of the Chiefs. "Ed, you were accepted to OCS." I'll probably make a complete ass of myself dancing around with joy the moment I hang up, but screw it, it'll be a moment worth celebrating.

P

ProudNavyLady

Hey everyone! Results are in! I just received a call from my recruiter and I was told I got picked up for SWO! Good luck everyone!
GAH!!! Congrats!!! I just texted my recruiter as soon as I read your post! How exciting for you!!

Bob Windham

A rare mix of inspired action and humility.
I just sent the same text message to my LS1. Fingers crossed!!! I hope that he doesn't wait until Monday to respond...............................................

P

ProudNavyLady

He texted me back. He says he is on vacation and he won't hear about the results until Monday.