• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tomorrow is the Big Day

AughtaRotate

Glorified Bus Driver
Completely tangential, but I'm at Fort Knox interning in the PAO office for a summer ROTC program. The commander of the company of cadets I'm attached to was going to call in a Blackhawk to come in and land at the end of their FTX as a nice little treat for the kids. What happens? Said Blackhawk has hydraulic trouble on the ramp and never gets off the ground. And I say to myself "My cadre wonder why I'm applying for Navy aviation instead of Army". Murphy's law is plentiful in the good old army

Surf

pilot
I just wish my new OR would call/text me back about anything.

My recruiter only contacts me when there is actually solid news, so when he calls I know it's important. Recruiters still have to wait like we do for a lot of the pertinent information. ;)

JonSmith89

Another 60R Driver
pilot
Agreed. Unless during the board my OR retired and I have a new person to update. He won't even e-mail me back, perhaps he is still learning the ropes of his new job. I just want to make sure I find out if I got the slot ASAP.

My recruiter only contacts me when there is actually solid news, so when he calls I know it's important. Recruiters still have to wait like we do for a lot of the pertinent information. ;)

Surf

pilot
Agreed. Unless during the board my OR retired and I have a new person to update. He won't even e-mail me back, perhaps he is still learning the ropes of his new job. I just want to make sure I find out if I got the slot ASAP.

I know what you mean, know that it is at least the same for most everyone. As soon as you see these threads light up with good news then I'd expect a call or email.

Maturin90

I have not yet begun to fight.
I understand. My recruiter was injured and I haven't heard from my new one much but he also has many more people to deal with (DC recruiter instead of Roanoke). I just hope he has time to let me know when he hears something!

Irishav8r

Naval Aviator
I hate to add another date for everyone to ponder but I am hearing 13 Aug now...I am done speculating after hearing that haha

Maturin90

I have not yet begun to fight.
My father warned me but I thought there might at least be some pattern to it that would allow me to come up with an estimate as to when we might hear back that is smaller than one month.

Irishav8r

Naval Aviator
From whom did you hear that?

A good friend who has excellent connections. I know it sounds fishy but he is a FROG who usually never lies or has bad intel. Either way, all of it is scuttlebutt and I am treating it as such. I would rather believe 13 August and get a call tomorrow than think tomorrow and be disappointed.

I work for the government now and when someone gives a date around here, there is usually a 2-3 week buffer to that date.