• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Aircraft You Never Hear Anything About

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Dunno whether or not its cool yet... sucks having to learn an aircraft for 8 X's... which may be less that 8 hops...

I'll let you know if its cool or not in about 2 weeks.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
RetreadRand said:
but really, it is a cool plane...beech 400

Its all relative... you have someone here that likes the whole yanking and banking thing going from the T-6, a little beast of an aircraft, to the T-1.. an business jet for all intents and purposes. Its a neat lookin A/C... I just would like to have a bit more yank-and-bankability.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
Is it the Air Force that flys the C-40s for the 7 theatre commanders?
Do they all have them? I know GEN Jones for EUCOM does...but they may be because he is also the SACEUR
All the CINCs had planes when I retired in 1998. SOUTHCOM had a 737/C40 with a bunch of comm gear.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
T-38C...50th FTS for UPT.

Also at the 49th Fighter Training Squadron at Moody for IFF.
The Navy T-38s from the link in the original post:

Test pilots and flight test engineers are trained in T-38A's at the U.S. Naval Test Pilot School at Patuxent River, MD.

nugget81

pilot
Trivia: The Navy has F-16s.

IMG_0004_image.jpg

Sly1978

Living the Dream
pilot
The F-5s are the aircraft that the jet bubbas use as "adversaries" during ACM drills. There are a bunch stationed out in North Island NAS in San Diego. I'm sure that there are more on the East Coast, but I don't know where. They're dual-engine, single vertical stab fighters painted in various camouflage schemes with red stars on the tails. They were the infamous "Mig-28s" from Top Gun.

bubba716

My chance to brag. I had the opportunity to fly in the T-38 back when I was still in AFROTC, hence my picture. Needless to say, that was definetely the most fun I've ever had. With or without my clothes on. It was an hour long flight and I had the stick probably half of it.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Its all relative... you have someone here that likes the whole yanking and banking thing going from the T-6, a little beast of an aircraft, to the T-1.. an business jet for all intents and purposes. Its a neat lookin A/C... I just would like to have a bit more yank-and-bankability.

While the T-1 is set up as a trainer for heavies (very slow roll rate), you'll be pleasantly surprised how maneuverable the T-39s are.

Brett

Sarge

CNAF COS
pilot
Contributor
The F-5s are the aircraft that the jet bubbas use as "adversaries" during ACM drills. There are a bunch stationed out in North Island NAS in San Diego. I'm sure that there are more on the East Coast, but I don't know where. They're dual-engine, single vertical stab fighters painted in various camouflage schemes with red stars on the tails. They were the infamous "Mig-28s" from Top Gun.

The only F-5s in the Navy are at NAS Fallon, NV with a permanent det at NAS Key West, FL (VFC-13). Marines have them at MCAS Yuma, AZ (VMFAT-401 I think).

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
While the T-1 is set up as a trainer for heavies (very slow roll rate), you'll be pleasantly surprised how maneuverable the T-39s are.

Brett

This I know. Just watching the T-39's in the overhaed at NPA, the first time you see one break, you can't believe that the plane looks like a business jet.

@A4's: The T-1A Jayhawk:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This I know. Just watching the T-39's in the overhaed at NPA, the first time you see one break, you can't believe that the plane looks like a business jet.

@A4's: The T-1A Jayhawk:

The overhead? Come on, shipmate.

Brett