• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Aircraft You Never Hear Anything About

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
http://www.navy.mil/navydata/fact.asp

I was looking at this link of all current Navy aircraft. A lot of these things never get any attention.

Aircraft, Fixed Wing
blank.gif
blank.gif

C-9 Skytrain logistics aircraft
blank.gif

C-12 Huron logistics aircraft
blank.gif

C-20 Gulfstream logistics aircraft
blank.gif
blank.gif

C-40A Clipper logistics aircraft
blank.gif
blank.gif

E-6A Mercury airborne command post
blank.gif
blank.gif

EP-3E (ARIES II) signals intelligence reconnaissance aircraft
blank.gif

F-5N/F Adversary aircraft
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif

NU-1B Otter light cargo transport
blank.gif

P-8A Multi-mission Maritime Aircraft (MMA)
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif

T-38 Talon supersonic trainer
blank.gif

T-39D radar-navigational trainer
blank.gif

T-39N/G Sabreliner training aircraft
blank.gif
blank.gif

U-6A Beaver all-purpose utility transport
blank.gif
blank.gif

X-26A high performance glider
Aircraft, Rotary Wing
blank.gif

HH/UH-1N Iroquois helicopter
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif

TH-6B helicopter
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif

VH-60N Night Hawk helicopter

Does anybody on this forum fly any of these?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The Aircraft You Never Hear Anything About ...... Does anybody on this forum fly any of these?

Never "heard anything about" these birds ??? .... Yes, I have .

*edit* .... Flew ... not fly. I.e., did, not does.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
I don't, but I'd love to do the VR gig flying C-40s in the reserves later in life.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
C-40s fly out of NAS Fort Worth and Jax (those I know of for sure). I know the ones out of NAS FW fly all over the place, I've checked their schedule before. Strictly a reserve flying job I believe.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
c-12s (Kingair) are mainly shore duty flying jobs so are c-26s (which are not on your list) C-9s I think are mainly reserve units...C-20s I know fly out of Naples, not sure where else we have them C-40s are BBBs I want to say they are used for DV transport.I flew and will fly E-6s. T-38s are what the Air Force trains on for their advanced jet syllabus, not sure what the Navy uses them for.
T-39s are the intermediate A/C for NFOs.
Those are the only ones I know off the top of my head

Last tour I flew on Army C-12, UC-35, UH-60, Air Force and Navy C-9 (aside from my normal AC) , AF UC-21, c-141
did not get to fly on the C-40 or C-20 (both are insanely amazing and expensive)

C-40s are just 737s. They're replacing the fleet of C-9s. The C20 series are the Gulfstream jets you're probably thinking of. They're not just for VIPs and I've flown on them several times.

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
C-40s are BBBs I want to say they are used for DV transport.

Your standard C-40A is a standard 737-800. I've flown on one twice. They're not BBB. Maybe if they have some DV ones they are, but not the normal ones.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
I know the AF uses them for DV transport, not sure what all we use them for and where they all are (know of the one in Naples)
as far as the 737s (C-40)...yeah I guess the ones I know of are the AF decked out ones...did not know the Navy was using those to replace the C-9

You caught it yourself. C-40A is a replacement for the C-9 (thank god, the C-40s are nice).

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
T-38s are what the Air Force trains on for their advanced jet syllabus, not sure what the Navy uses them for.

I think they have the 38s out at Pax... but I could be mistaken.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
These aircraft are at TPS:

U-6A Beaver all-purpose utility transport
X-26A high performance glider
TH-6B helicopter

I flew the EP-3E Aries II, ugly but well hung.......:D

EP-3E3.gif

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Lets see... I see Sabre(toothed)liners every single day, and will get hours in them. Saw a bunch of T-38's last time I was at Chennault (CWF) and they make the occasional appearance at NAS P-Cola (NPA). And we have a couple of E-6B pilots and at least one EP-3 pilot at VT-4. And if I'm not mistaken, the C-12 and the T-44 are variants of the same aircraft... (the T-44 also make a few appearanced at NPA, and I've seen one or two C-12's too.)

@Retread... The T-39's are only used in intermediate for foriegn studs. Us Americans get to fly in the T-1A. We don't get inside a Sabreliner until advanced.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
T-38C...50th FTS for UPT.

Also at the 49th Fighter Training Squadron at Moody for IFF.

Last I checked, those are Air Force squadrons ;)

The list he has comes off the Navy fact file.

Trivia: The Navy has F-16s.