• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS stinks

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Still, zero week was tedium beyond words run by clueless lieutenants. I guess the same could be said for the rest of the POI.;)

teabag53

pilot
TBS might not be the most fun undertaking in your life but did you really think it would be? Seriously, most wothwhile schools (except flight school) like SERE and WTI are challenging and not entirely pleasant while you are there.

The secret to not suck-starting an M-9 while you at TBS is to enjoy how much it sucks for you, the other Lieuten-idates, and laugh at how ridiculous most of the situations are as a whole. Instead of whining about how bad it sucks you should drink some beer with as many fellow classmates as you can muster, laugh your ass off, and suffer as a hungover group during some platoon PT or class. This will set the stage for doing it all over again the next night.

Follow this advice and you will enjoy your time more and make friends for life. Furthermore, when your fellow classmates start dying you will at least have the satisfaction of having known them and shared good (sometimes bad) times.

mayo

6 miles through the woods, first three miles are just running, second three miles include obstacles, full gear? That's the E-Course I'm accustomed to... And yes, I loved it. I hate running, but I truly enjoy cross-country type running. Throw in the gear and challenge me, then I love it. I just hate the drone of a PFT...

Ill second this...by far my favorite PT event. Just you, your pack, and your rifle (maybe a little romanticised) but I felt like that is what being a Marine is all about. If you dont like stuff like this you should have gone Air Force!

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
TBS might not be the most fun undertaking in your life but did you really think it would be? Seriously, most wothwhile schools (except flight school) like SERE and WTI are challenging and not entirely pleasant while you are there.

The secret to not suck-starting an M-9 while you at TBS is to enjoy how much it sucks for you, the other Lieuten-idates, and laugh at how ridiculous most of the situations are as a whole. Instead of whining about how bad it sucks you should drink some beer with as many fellow classmates as you can muster, laugh your ass off, and suffer as a hungover group during some platoon PT or class. This will set the stage for doing it all over again the next night.

Follow this advice and you will enjoy your time more and make friends for life. Furthermore, when your fellow classmates start dying you will at least have the satisfaction of having known them and shared good (sometimes bad) times.

^^^I second his remarks.