• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS stinks

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
invertedflyer,

Ok, now I understand. You haven't been yet, that's why you wish you were here. The reason I was so surprised and perplexed is because I thought you had already been through. In that case, saying you wish you were here would be just outright insanity.

pjxc415

pilot
I'm curious, what is it about TBS that makes you two wish you were here?

Several reasons.

1. The accomodations: O'bannon hall far outdoes a spacious apartment overlooking the Gulf.

2. Gourmet cooking: grilling every night in florida while watching the sunset hardly compares to ripping open a packet of processed cheese omelet and downing it in .5 seconds ... of course right before stepping off for a beautiful night stroll through the woods that lasts from 2200 to 0400.

3. Relative workload: how can you not get off on writing combat orders into the wee hours of the morning? Beats the hell doing an hour or two of flight prep for a leisure cruise in a tomahawk.

4. Especially dear to my heart is working on a terrain model for two hours on a sunday afternoon.

Honestly, the reasons for being in quantico instead of pensacola are near endless.

but seriously ... enjoy your time up there, it actually is fun if you make it. the one thing i really do miss is that the place is a friggin jungle gym for big kids. i ran the e course about 3 times a week and enjoyed it every time.

FlyMikeFly

pilot
Contributor
i ran the e course about 3 times a week and enjoyed it every time.

You are MOTO for doing that! We just did our final E-course and I'm quite happy that I never have to endure that thing again. Don't get me wrong I love to PT, but that is ridiculous.

phrogpilot73

You are MOTO for doing that! We just did our final E-course and I'm quite happy that I never have to endure that thing again. Don't get me wrong I love to PT, but that is ridiculous.
Pussy. I'm a member of the 6-mile-a-year club, and I love the E-Course!

FlyMikeFly

pilot
Contributor
Pussy. I'm a member of the 6-mile-a-year club, and I love the E-Course!

Oh come on. You "love" the e-course? Give me a break. You must have come through here when it was much much different than it is now! :icon_tong

FlyMikeFly

pilot
Contributor
I actually liked the ECourse as well, and it is the same now as it always has been. Suck it up.

I did suck it up. I sucked all 61 minutes of it up, it's not that I suck at it, I just don't enjoy doing it. I'd much rather run around in running shoes, shaved legs, and lycra booty shorts (ok maybe not the shaved legs part). :sleep_125

FlyMikeFly

pilot
Contributor
Crowbar said:
I remember Zero Week as one of the most infuriating experiences ever. Just relax and don't get too worked up over things beyond your control. TBS will be a lot more fun if you do.

"If hell exists, it has Quantico-like terrain". What a great quote that almost sums up the entire TBS experience! :icon_rage

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
"If hell exists, it has Quantico-like terrain". What a great quote that almost sums up the entire TBS experience! :icon_rage

Ok, so I have spent some time at Quantico, OCS, TBS and the like. I have mostly done the "fun" stuff E & O courses, pugil sticks, weapon ranges, SULEs, etc. etc. etc. And I agree that it sucks, and I agree many of the "hard chargers" there also suck. In fact, I didn't like it so much that, had I actually been recommended for the Marine Corps, I would have still gone elsewhere.

However, does it suck so much that you have to say it every....other....post?

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Ok, so I have spent some time at Quantico, OCS, TBS and the like. I have mostly done the "fun" stuff E & O courses, pugil sticks, weapon ranges, SULEs, etc. etc. etc. And I agree that it sucks, and I agree many of the "hard chargers" there also suck. In fact, I didn't like it so much that, had I actually been recommended for the Marine Corps, I would have still gone elsewhere.

He's at TBS. Let him wallow in his bitterness. He'll graduate soon anyway.

KBayDog

Stay outside and let him speak his mind. ;)