• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS stinks

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
MOUT is a must... they've got to do it to some extent. It has to be a priority given modern-type conflicts. Its not like we're talking about a class explaining an Admin procedure or something... this stuff is important. TBS Lts., let me know what happens with that if you could. thx.

Admin stuff is important too, just ask the Marine in my squadron who was overpaid $60 for over a year and just had it taken out all at once...admin stuff will protect your Marines from stupidity outside the unit...

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
^^ Definitely agree. 0100s have their place, definitely important. My Platoon Commander in OCS actually went so far as to have a whole class one night on finances and investing. Maybe some Admin guys got together and did a cost-benefit analysis of the TBS MOUT syllabus! ;)

I've also had a couple pay issues, I think everyone has at one point or another.

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
We arent doing the MOUT anymore. Delta is the last company to do that. They are putting a amphib assault landing at like norfolk. That is atleast what the XO of TBS told us in zero week. I know it will get better with time to, it just seems that some of the captains here want to treat the Lt.'s like they are still candidates with the whole attitude. Some are very professional and my SPC is actually one of those captains that is good to go. I feel sorry for some of the other platoons. That amphib assault starts with Echo I believe to.

That's actually some bad gouge completely. Nothing is changing with MOUT, AT ALL. Delta Company is the last company to do FEX IV. The AmFEX will replace the FEX, but MOUT will be around forever I'm sure.

TheFurr7198

My apologies on that for some reason I was thinking that MOUT was Fex4. My bad on that gentlemen. Long day yesterday.

FLY_USMC

pilot
Hopefully it gets better after rifle range next week.
I seem to remember rifle qual week being absolutely horrible for a couple reasons. 1.)it snowed everyday, nough said, 2.)something that I'm sure is a constant for every company, unlike point #1, the mach one warp speed we used to march to the rifle range at! I never thought a day pack could be so heavy or we could move so fast.

TBS is what it is, if it was easy, we'd all show up being fat pussies.

phrogpilot73

TBS sucks for a myriad of reasons. It was fun though. How many people can say they've been exposed to the elements for all four seasons in one day? Welcome to O-week for me...

pjxc415

pilot
The only time you'll hear "Fat" in a sentence regarding the Marine Corps.

well i don't know about that ... i recall multiple occasions in the field at tbs when i would pound a full mre before climbing in the bivi, hence going to sleep "fat and happy" ... only to awaken two hours later at 0200, slap on cold weather gear, flak, kevlar, nvds, and stare at nothing in the quantico highlands over the barrel of my SAW. man i wish i was at tbs right now.

FlyMikeFly

pilot
Contributor
Let me be the first to tell you that things are well in hand here at TBS. We are still at war with the CRF and the Montanyans, their critical vulnerability is still their small size, and we are doing a fine job of exploiting that with our endless supply of blanks and arty sims. They don't stand a chance!

But your statement "man i wish i was at tbs right now" makes me sick to my stomach. I only hope you were being sarcastic.

invertedflyer

well i don't know about that ... i recall multiple occasions in the field at tbs when i would pound a full mre before climbing in the bivi, hence going to sleep "fat and happy" ... only to awaken two hours later at 0200, slap on cold weather gear, flak, kevlar, nvds, and stare at nothing in the quantico highlands over the barrel of my SAW. man i wish i was at tbs right now.

you got me there! "fat and happy" is definitely a phrase in common use. However, the phrase isn't to be taken literally... the JATO pushing condensation off the propellor blades of a C-130 is definitely something to be taken literally :eek:

P.S. Sadly enough I too wish I was at TBS. :icon_rage

FlyMikeFly

pilot
Contributor
I'm curious, what is it about TBS that makes you two wish you were here?

invertedflyer

Well, first and foremost I realize that parts of TBS are truly going to suck. That being said I actually enjoy being out at the field. In fact, when my unit is in garrison its rather depressing. Blanks, BFAs, MREs...I'm all about it! Plus I'd much rather be getting payed as an active duty 0-1 and work with fellow Marines than sit around and wait. That and every day of TBS complete is one day closer to A-Pool.

/explanation