• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 12APR21

Conqueror’sHaki

SWOTIVATED MUSTANG
Sure... I believe the person being referenced from the earlier board has an OCS date because someone looked at the class rosters for their name. Assuming the person did not apply to any other board, they assume selection for the designator they applied to.

That is not the definition of ProRec-Y. Your professional recommendation comes with the release of official selection results and the results memo includes everyone selected or not selected from your board. So to say someone got a ProRec-Y from the previous board is incorrect as the results have not been released.

Got you bro

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Got you bro
No issue, I wasn't trying to harp on your post. I'm just making sure people know the difference.

To be fair, the person I believe you're referring to had been putting incorrect assumptions on the forum and didn't seem phased when people corrected the misinformation lol.

zarevich

No issue, I wasn't trying to harp on your post. I'm just making sure people know the difference.

To be fair, the person I believe you're referring to had been putting incorrect assumptions on the forum and didn't seem phased when people corrected the misinformation lol.
I believe he mentioned that his recruiter told him about his class date and maybe told him that it is equivalent to ProRec-Y. Lets be honest though, if you get a class date for OCS, you are 99% accepted, unless (and it is very rare), that they find out you lied about any of the information you provided in your package. My guess his recruiter never had somebody who didn't get FINCEL once they were assigned a class date and that is the reason he told his recruit that he got a ProRec-Y.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I believe he mentioned that his recruiter told him about his class date and maybe told him that it is equivalent to ProRec-Y. Lets be honest though, if you get a class date for OCS, you are 99% accepted, unless (and it is very rare), that they find out you lied about any of the information you provided in your package. My guess his recruiter never had somebody who didn't get FINCEL once they were assigned a class date and that is the reason he told his recruit that he got a ProRec-Y.
I think we might have a different person in mind, and I didn't want to name drop people and put them on blast lol. I didn't appreciate when I took time to clarify something in a thread to have them reiterate the same unsubstantiated information within a day or two later (not related to the ProRec-Y discussion). This forum can have information go from hearsay to gouge (right or wrong) pretty quick.

You're right, an OCS date should indicate selection. I just wouldn't call it receiving a ProRec-Y since technically they're not the same, but I can see the logic behind telling a recruit they were selected. On the flipside, I could also understand if an OR withheld that information because it's not confirmed with official results.

I’m assuming and hoping that I roll to this board, since I didn’t make 21 FEB 22 SWO Board at board list. We submitted the package Jan 14th, but had to get an age waiver approved. Just got word about two weeks ago that it was approved, so that is excellent news. I hope we find the names on the at board list early April. It helps ease the stress knowing of or not we actually make it to the board. Then we can stress about getting accepted.

SWO Choice: only choice
OAR: 44
GPA: 3.39
Major: Bachelor’s in Criminal justice with a focus in management, master in healthcare administration.
Prior Service: Yes, still in
LOR: O-3, O-5, O-7

All the HCA's I have known started as HCA's, that doesn't mean it isn't possible, but some designators are easier to lateral into than others.
What are some that you know of that are easier? I contacts the healthcare recruiter and she told me nothing was open this FY so to try next FY. My plan is to go SWO, knock out a contract, then lateral over

exNavyOffRec

What are some that you know of that are easier? I contacts the healthcare recruiter and she told me nothing was open this FY so to try next FY. My plan is to go SWO, knock out a contract, then lateral over
"easier" is a subjective term, I have seen several go from SWO to HR, or SWO to IWC, they do put out each year how many lateral spots there are, I don't know where that is kept now but I would look at that to get an idea.