• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 12APR21

ahansen

Can anybody see how many people applied to this board
Back in late February my recruiter said there were about 250 applicants for 89 spots but from @zarevich’s comment, I’m not sure now if he meant the board that convened in Feb or ours in April. I assume the spots allowed may change based on the results on the Feb board? Also I think he may have been overworked and trying to get me to push my app to the next board “for better odds”.

ahansen

Just wanting to ask how long do does it take to hear back if we get selected? Is it around April?
I believe they say 2-6 weeks after the board convenes 12April. My OR said plan for sometime in May. I’ve been keeping an eye on the 22Feb21 board and it looks like they haven’t gotten anything yet.

eahmed4

I believe they say 2-6 weeks after the board convenes 12April. My OR said plan for sometime in May. I’ve been keeping an eye on the 22Feb21 board and it looks like they haven’t gotten anything yet.
I graduate the first week of May, hopefully find something out before then

Danielle29

OR is your recruiter right? And plan for what exactly?

eahmed4

Yes OR is officer recruiter. And plan for sometime during the first couple weeks to see results. If this board is not delayed, we should results within the beginning part of May, fingers crossed

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I guess someone from the 22FEB board has received a Y already ??
Not exactly. Receiving an OCS date and assuming selection because of the date is different than receiving the ProRec-Y from an official results release.

ahansen

Yes, officer recruiter is OR. And we will get results in May likely. But if anyone can elaborate I dont fully understand what the results entail. Do we get a ProRec Y then FinSel comes after the background check? Sometime later on? When do we get a date for OCS if selected?

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Can you please elaborate more on with this topic?
Sure... I believe the person being referenced from the earlier board has an OCS date because someone looked at the class rosters for their name. Assuming the person did not apply to any other board, they assume selection for the designator they applied to.

That is not the definition of ProRec-Y. Your professional recommendation comes with the release of official selection results and the results memo includes everyone selected or not selected from your board. So to say someone got a ProRec-Y from the previous board is incorrect as the results have not been released.