• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 12APR21

ahansen

My recruiter said my package was submitted! Looking forward to the next few months of anxiously awaiting news! Hope it's positive for all of us. Just added my stats in the spreadsheet.

SWO #1, INTEL #2
OAR: 64
BS in Marine Conservation
GPA: 3.46
LOR: O5 Marine (retired), O4 Marine (retired), former (fairly recent) employer
Prior Service: No
Sex: F

Catchkev

Didn't get picked up last board. Second time Applying for SWO. Good luck to everyone.

OAR: 41
Education: BS in Theology from Andersonville
GPA: 4.0
ACTIVE DUTY: MM2 (SW/AW/IW) 5 YEARS
LOR: O4 SWO, O-5 SWO, O-5 PRIOR SWO CURRENT EDO
APPRAISAL BOARD: O4 SWO, O5 SWO, O6 SWO
Any idea why you weren't selected? On the surface everything looks very impressive. A lot better than what appears to be where I stand in terms of my package. I'm beginning to be very concerned.

exNavyOffRec

Didn't get picked up last board. Second time Applying for SWO. Good luck to everyone.

OAR: 41
Education: BS in Theology from Andersonville
GPA: 4.0
ACTIVE DUTY: MM2 (SW/AW/IW) 5 YEARS
LOR: O4 SWO, O-5 SWO, O-5 PRIOR SWO CURRENT EDO
APPRAISAL BOARD: O4 SWO, O5 SWO, O6 SWO
PM sent

Swearaz2

My recruiter said my package was submitted! Looking forward to the next few months of anxiously awaiting news! Hope it's positive for all of us. Just added my stats in the spreadsheet.

SWO #1, INTEL #2
OAR: 64
BS in Marine Conservation
GPA: 3.46
LOR: O5 Marine (retired), O4 Marine (retired), former (fairly recent) employer
Prior Service: No
Sex: F
There is another prgram specific to your degree i believe. It even gives you ltjg if you get a masters in it

ahansen

There is another prgram specific to your degree i believe. It even gives you ltjg if you get a masters in it
Thanks! Are talking about SWO-Oceano? I’ve looked into it. I don’t have 2 calc based physics classes so can’t directly apply. Applying intel to be looked at by IWC in hopes of being considered for that one. If it’s another or you have any suggestions lmk! Thanks!

Swearaz2

Thanks! Are talking about SWO-Oceano? I’ve looked into it. I don’t have 2 calc based physics classes so can’t directly apply. Applying intel to be looked at by IWC in hopes of being considered for that one. If it’s another or you have any suggestions lmk! Thanks!
Is it required or us it a highly recommended? Havent read the other program authorizations in a while

exNavyOffRec

CWE or Cyber Warfare Engineer is the one that can give you LTJG, another interesting thing about CWE is that they go to ODS vice OCS, and originally they were restricted to 5 years as a CWE and then they would need to redesiginate. That has changed and now they can go past 5 years.

exNavyOffRec

Sheesh. Yea.. you could go human resources skip ocs all together by going dcm (direct commissioning)
HR is good option for those who want to go from civilian and serve as a reservist, competitive but there are many options to do a variety of AD assignments for 2-3 years. The list a lot of things as "preferred" but often means "required" lol

Swearaz2

HR is good option for those who want to go from civilian and serve as a reservist, competitive but there are many options to do a variety of AD assignments for 2-3 years. The list a lot of things as "preferred" but often means "required" lol
Originally i wanted to go do that because one of my minors are in HR, but i realized they only have selres and civilian for selection. So i opted out