• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 12APR21

BillThaBoss

I hope I will get selected.

Sex: Male
OAR: 59
Education: BS in Mechanical Engineering
GPA: 2.78
No active duty
LOR: O-1, Army Vet, Friend
Waivers: none

SWO is the only choice. Glad to be through the process and get to know everyone here.

Danielle29

Trying to apply for this board deadline ??Couple of questions to ask:

1. I stumble upon a Reddit post and it says that they were required to do pre-ocs PRT which is the same day as swearing in? Is this something that I should have known about? I’ve been keep tracking about steps of the application for OCS and also been asking some Navy vets and this is my first hearing about pre-ocs PRT (I was previously informed that our first PRT is suppose to happen when we get to RI)???

2. It’s been asked before but I just want to asked again, how long do we have until arriving to ocs (selection to OCS basically)? Heard week after deadline they received orders that they leave in 2 weeks and also heard some waited 6 months. I just want to ask for estimate to fully get myself physically ready and to memorize Appendix Bravo which I haven’t even started studying.

3. Any tricks and tips you guys have for running and sit ups? I’m currently running 10 miles a day when weather is nice but when I time myself, it’s at 17 minutes for 1.5 miles. Had it at 15:30 before but it’s been the lowest I’ve ever gone. I’m planning to start running everyday again with spring time coming up. Any advice on making my time better for running would be much appreciated especially since my legs are pretty short ? Also, with the sit ups, I know you’re suppose to pace yourself 18-20 SU for 30 seconds but for 2 mins, I can only get to 38.

Good luck to everyone!

eahmed4

1. I stumble upon a Reddit post and it says that they were required to do pre-ocs PRT which is the same day as swearing in? Is this something that I should have known about? I’ve been keep tracking about steps of the application for OCS and also been asking some Navy vets and this is my first hearing about pre-ocs PRT (I was previously informed that our first PRT is suppose to happen when we get to RI)???

2. It’s been asked before but I just want to asked again, how long do we have until arriving to ocs (selection to OCS basically)? Heard week after deadline they received orders that they leave in 2 weeks and also heard some waited 6 months. I just want to ask for estimate to fully get myself physically ready and to memorize Appendix Bravo which I haven’t even started studying.

3. Any tricks and tips you guys have for running and sit ups? I’m currently running 10 miles a day when weather is nice but when I time myself, it’s at 17 minutes for 1.5 miles. Had it at 15:30 before but it’s been the lowest I’ve ever gone. I’m planning to start running everyday again with spring time coming up. Any advice on making my time better for running would be much appreciated especially since my legs are pretty short ? Also, with the sit ups, I know you’re suppose to pace yourself 18-20 SU for 30 seconds but for 2 mins, I can only get to 38.

Good luck to everyone!
For running tips, I always try to focus on going overboard. Training for one and a half miles, but mix in three mile runs and sprints and it will help you build stamina and muscle memory for the PRT run.

zarevich

Good luck to everyone!
  1. I believe some recruiters do a pre-OCS PRT just to check where you stand at and help you out on what you weak on to make sure you are ready for OCS.
  2. If you need to commission right away after your selection because of your age, you can go to OCS within 2 weeks, but usually it’s a minimum of 2 months and up to a year that you can be sent to OCS. For this board they might be selecting for FY-22, if that is the case you might not be sent to OCS until only after September.
  3. don’t take your time from a 10mile run, since the pace will be different when you run a total of 10mile and 1.5mile. If you go to SWO 09NOV board, 3/4 of the way a bunch of people posted some running schedule. It’s mainly 1 day long distance (minimum of 5miles), next day is sprints with a rest (I do .25 mile sprint as fast as I can and rest 2min for a total of 1.5miles), 3rd day is a combination of running 2minutes at 80% and 1minute at 60%, my fourth day will be a normal 1.5 run. Depending how much time you got before OCS, once you are comfortable with 1.5miles I multiply my run plan by 2 and practice for 3miles.
There is no sit-ups in navy PRT, planks now. Practice for 3minutes

villo0692

SWO's my third choice after SNA and SNFO

OAR: 62
BS in Electrical Engineering
GPA: 3.92
LOR: O6 Navy, retired Army Sergeant Major, prior employer
Prior Service: Yes, Navy 5 years
Sex: yes
Systems Engineer for a Defense Contractor currently

PontusPilot

Contributor
Here's my stats, good luck to everyone!

Intel(#1) SWO (#2)
Sex: Female
Education: B.A. in International Business (3 calculus courses), J.D. (Law Degree)
GPA: 3.55
OAR: 58
Waivers: None
Is your username a play on always sunny? Because I am all for it lol

zarevich

Active duty family, how long did it take you to receive the Medically Qualified letter from BUMED?
Once you submit your package, Mr. Celestine usually gets back to you within a week or 2 saying that you are good medically and your package has been submitted to the board or if it needs any corrections.

michael777

hey man, what was your personal statement like and your career experience?
Three letters of Rec from professors and one from the dean of a martial arts school. Just graduated so not much work experience but I participated in clubs and athletics and studied abroad etc..