• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Space Force Officer Relieved After Denouncing CRT/Marxism

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
This just popped up in the news. Perhaps those local to the Loudon area could elaborate? Why would you need a NDA to view a school’s curriculum?

I live near Loudon and have co-workers and friends there. The whole thing is a shit show. The school board acts like they were appointed by God and the parents aren’t doing a great job of being patient with them. The NDA is a deal with the Zinn Project and Second Chance. They want to teach the kids but they don’t want parents to have a say. The issue is big enough that I think(and I could be wrong) that it will cost the democrat the governor election next week. Suburban parents are furious and these aren’t your typical huckleberry types, Loudon and especially Leesburg has a lot of highly educated, well paid people.

taxi1

pilot
I live near Loudon and have co-workers and friends there. The whole thing is a shit show. The school board acts like they were appointed by God and the parents aren’t doing a great job of being patient with them. The NDA is a deal with the Zinn Project and Second Chance. They want to teach the kids but they don’t want parents to have a say. The issue is big enough that I think(and I could be wrong) that it will cost the democrat the governor election next week. Suburban parents are furious and these aren’t your typical huckleberry types, Loudon and especially Leesburg has a lot of highly educated, well paid people.
We had a huge school board kerfuffle a number of years ago, nothing to do with this, it was building a new building.

The thing I learned about school boards is that nobody gives a shit until they give a whole lot of shit. There's no in-between.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
This just popped up in the news. Perhaps those local to the Loudon area could elaborate? Why would you need a NDA to view a school’s curriculum?

<meanwhile senior government officials on both sides of the aisle have leaked classified information to the news media>

smh

robav8r

None
Contributor
I
Hi, my name is Oksana, I'm from Ukraine. We don't have a lot of money in the family. I have to show my body through a webcam. If you are interested, come in, I will be glad to meet and chat with men from other countries! You can watch it for free.
I wonder how long this will stay up ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hair Warrior

Contributor
This whole NOVA area is weird. The hard left wing here (which is a vocal slice of the population) are getting more and more left. The normal urban and suburban young families and single professionals who are centrist or libertarian stay here because of the jobs, but there is an increasing disconnect with local politics. State and local officials continue to make poor decisions at the expense of taxpayers: example being the exorbitant variable EZ toll fees for express lanes (can often be $70 per day round trip), but this toll revenue goes to a foreign company’s coffers and not to the state’s infrastructure recapitalization because of a bad deal which should be annulled. Another example is that Loudoun taxpayers fronted some Silver Line metro costs then the other counties took their money with no intention of continuing the Silver Line past IAD. Also, Loudoun and adjacent counties are contending with rapid sprawl and the fact that their rural homes are no longer rural at all. Data centers are popping up everywhere, too, in place of forests and farmland. I think election day for VA gov (next week) will tell us a lot about how Virginians see the situation.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
but this toll revenue goes to a foreign company’s coffers and not to the state’s infrastructure recapitalization because of a bad deal which should be annulled.
That sounds a lot like the red light cameras. There was an Australian company that was (is?) one of the two major red light camera companies in the world. The share they'd get from each "ticket" was pretty amazing, it was pretty close to a 50-50 split with the government entity having jurisdiction of the road intersection. The Aussies out-capitalisted us Yanks on that one, I gotta say. A lot of dimwitted municipalities entered into contracts with that company when red light cameras were all the rage about ten years ago.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
That sounds a lot like the red light cameras. There was an Australian company that was (is?) one of the two major red light camera companies in the world. The share they'd get from each "ticket" was pretty amazing, it was pretty close to a 50-50 split with the government entity having jurisdiction of the road intersection. The Aussies out-capitalisted us Yanks on that one, I gotta say. A lot of dimwitted municipalities entered into contracts with that company when red light cameras were all the rage about ten years ago.
This is the kind of stuff that makes you understand a bit why a banana republic might nationalize one of its energy or transportation sectors, seizing it for the state and operating it for the state’s benefit.

These awful EZ pass and speed camera systems are BS and none of that money is flowing back into the roads and communities of the drivers who have to pay them. Unlike a McDonalds or a Payless Shoes, which are fully privatized and not monopolies, these “businesses” are de facto monopolies and they ride on top of GO/GO (govt owned govt operated infrastructure, i.e. pavement and land) so they are inherently subsidized by tax dollars.

Actual toll prices example (and people pay this every day each way bc they don’t often have a choice):

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
This is the kind of stuff that makes you understand a bit why a banana republic might nationalize one of its energy or transportation sectors, seizing it for the state and operating it for the state’s benefit.

These awful EZ pass and speed camera systems are BS and none of that money is flowing back into the roads and communities of the drivers who have to pay them. Unlike a McDonalds or a Payless Shoes, which are fully privatized and not monopolies, these “businesses” are de facto monopolies and they ride on top of GO/GO (govt owned govt operated infrastructure, i.e. pavement and land) so they are inherently subsidized by tax dollars.

Actual toll prices example (and people pay this every day each way bc they don’t often have a choice):
View attachment 33215
I say “Fuck you I-66!” That whole set up is crazy! Even the fancy new Leesburg bypass isn’t that costly. If there had been tolls like these heading toward Manassas in the 1860’s the south would have won the civil war.

GroundPounder

I say “Fuck you I-66!” That whole set up is crazy! Even the fancy new Leesburg bypass isn’t that costly. If there had been tolls like these heading toward Manassas in the 1860’s the south would have won the civil war.

My experience in that area is limited to my time at the FBI National Academy in Quantico and a few trips to DC afterwards. I guess you can get used to anything, but I don't know how ya'll live in that area, based on traffic alone. It once took me over two hours to leave the compound and make it to the Garrisonville gate over by TBS on the day before Thanksgiving. I-95 was like a parking lot until almost Richmond.

I guess you make up for it with the insane real estate prices.