• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Space Force Officer Relieved After Denouncing CRT/Marxism

Treetop Flyer

pilot
A few isolated districts get carried away with some aspects of CRT…
GOP overreacts and passes “anti-CRT” laws that appear to whitewash the history of race in this country…
Teachers overreact to ham fisted legislation, vowing to break any CRT laws…
Yada, yada, yada…
The universe implodes into an infinitely dense singularity.
This is why we can’t have nice things in this country.

flgator92

None
From SecDef Lloyd Austin: "I don't know what the issue of critical race theory is and what the relevance [is] here with the department," Austin said. "We do not teach critical race theory. We don't embrace critical race theory and I think that's a spurious conversation... We are focused on extremist behaviors and not ideology, not people's thoughts, not people's political orientations. Behaviors are what we are focused on." (https://www.newsweek.com/defense-sec-lloyd-austin-rep-matt-gaetz-clash-critical-race-theory-1603585)

The secretary said the DoD doesn't espouse or support CRT. So why does the CRT boogeyman keep appearing in conversations about diversity awareness programs?

The military is a (relatively) representative cross-section of our diverse nation. So, DoD leaders should be thoughtful in how they engage their force, given what's going on in the world and, moreover, combat racial, ethnic, religious, or political extremism in their ranks as that undoubtedly has a deleterious impact on force cohesion. If we ignore the real division that exists in our society as of recent, and ignore how those divisions sometimes permeate down the ranks of our force (given that it's fairly representative of our nation as a whole), then we'll be doing our adversaries' bidding (e.g., Russia, in particular), as they have long tried to sow discord and disharmony in U.S. civil society as a whole. These things don't happen in a vacuum. Not tackling extremism will weaken force cohesion and readiness which is, invariably, a national security issue.

Python

pilot
Contributor
GOP overreacts and passes “anti-CRT” laws that appear to whitewash the history of race in this country…
Yada, yada, yada…

Anti-CRT laws do not whitewash the history of race. Nor do they appear to. I’ve read the texts of the law for my home state.

Mirage

pilot
From SecDef Lloyd Austin: "I don't know what the issue of critical race theory is and what the relevance [is] here with the department," Austin said. "We do not teach critical race theory. We don't embrace critical race theory and I think that's a spurious conversation... We are focused on extremist behaviors and not ideology, not people's thoughts, not people's political orientations. Behaviors are what we are focused on." (https://www.newsweek.com/defense-sec-lloyd-austin-rep-matt-gaetz-clash-critical-race-theory-1603585)

The secretary said the DoD doesn't espouse or support CRT. So why does the CRT boogeyman keep appearing in conversations about diversity awareness programs?

The military is a (relatively) representative cross-section of our diverse nation. So, DoD leaders should be thoughtful in how they engage their force, given what's going on in the world and, moreover, combat racial, ethnic, religious, or political extremism in their ranks as that undoubtedly has a deleterious impact on force cohesion. If we ignore the real division that exists in our society as of recent, and ignore how those divisions sometimes permeate down the ranks of our force (given that it's fairly representative of our nation as a whole), then we'll be doing our adversaries' bidding (e.g., Russia, in particular), as they have long tried to sow discord and disharmony in U.S. civil society as a whole. These things don't happen in a vacuum. Not tackling extremism will weaken force cohesion and readiness which is, invariably, a national security issue.
Each of the services told congress they don't believe extremism is a problem in the military, before their civilian bosses disagreed with them (without providing any evidence). I have never seen anything remotely close to extremism from anyone below the rank of O-7, nor talked to anyone who has.

But let's assume for the sake of argument that extremist members of the military are out there plotting to overthrow the government or what have you. What do you think we should do about it? Put an extremist book on the CNO reading list that advocates overthrowing capitalism and creating a new department run by unelected officials who have the authority to over turn any law or legal ruling that they find racist? Codify policies that treat people differently based on their skin color when it comes to promotions or eligibility for certain billets?

SECDEF can say whatever he wants but I think these ideas only make division far worse, and he shouldn't be surprised he's getting asked these questions.

flgator92

None
Each of the services told congress they don't believe extremism is a problem in the military, before their civilian bosses disagreed with them (without providing any evidence). I have never seen anything remotely close to extremism from anyone below the rank of O-7, nor talked to anyone who has.
I saw the hearing and I took that to mean the top brass recognizes that they don't have a widespread problem with extremism in the uniformed services, which I'd agree with anecdotally. But the DoD knows that white nationalist groups often target military members -- both active and separated -- to join their ranks disproportionately to other career fields because they desire their skills. And DoD officials understand why that's significant, as counterterrorism officials have noted that “between 2001 and today right-wing extremists are responsible for more deaths in this country than any other extremist group.”
(https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...-with-domestic-extremists-white-supremacists/).

Also, the reason we called an extremism stand down earlier this year and had training on it was because of the January 6 Capitol insurrection, and the large numbers of current and former servicemembers who took part in criminal activity on Capitol Hill that day, so to say that it's not an issue of any concern for the force is suspect, at best (https://www.npr.org/2021/01/21/9589...-in-capitol-riot-cases-served-in-the-military).

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Yada, yada, yada…
Says the guy without kids…….

taxi1

pilot
January 6 Capitol insurrection...
I'm looking forward to a steady stream of court cases, guilty pleas, and jail sentences. I expect there will be not too many degrees of separation between some of the perps and some in the government.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I'm looking forward to a steady stream of court cases, guilty pleas, and jail sentences. I expect there will be not too many degrees of separation between some of the perps and some in the government.
Justice is supposed to be equal...let's start a steady stream of court cases, guilty verdicts (the libtards will never plead guilty since they think they are exempt from laws they don't agree with) and jail sentences for last summer's rioters, especially those that attack government property and try to declare independence.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anti-CRT laws do not whitewash the history of race. Nor do they appear to. I’ve read the texts of the law for my home state.
Blah, blah, blah. I’m tired of the paranoia, and I’m a bit shocked that you aren’t tired of it as well. These CRT threads are exhausting... and pointless.

Python

pilot
Contributor
Blah, blah, blah. I’m tired of the paranoia, and I’m a bit shocked that you aren’t tired of it as well. These CRT threads are exhausting... and pointless.

Paranoia for you. Reality for so many parents. The fact that I’m not tired of it is indicative of my passion on this issue on behalf of my children. I’m not alone. You can continue to be dismissive of a topic that you don’t follow, but don’t blah blah blah us anymore. Just ignore the thread since it exhausts you.

Wareal

Contributor
From SecDef Lloyd Austin: "I don't know what the issue of critical race theory is and what the relevance [is] here with the department," Austin said. "We do not teach critical race theory....". "As a professor of political science at the US Air Force Academy, I teach critical race theories to our nation’s future military leaders because it is vital that cadets understand the history of the racism that has shaped both foreign and domestic policy,...” Lynne Chandler García.

taxi1

pilot
Justice is supposed to be equal...let's start a steady stream of court cases, guilty verdicts (the libtards will never plead guilty since they think they are exempt from laws they don't agree with) and jail sentences for last summer's rioters,
Oh, they’re coming. Short list...

Of course none of them actually attacked the US government in order to overturn a free and fair election, as directed by the losing POTUS.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator

Teachers: This is a right wing conspiracy and won’t be a part of K-12 education

Also teachers: We will break the law if we have to, in order to ensure we teach this to K-12 students.

This just popped up in the news. Perhaps those local to the Loudon area could elaborate? Why would you need a NDA to view a school’s curriculum?