• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Space Force Officer Relieved After Denouncing CRT/Marxism

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes. Loudoun. I maybe wrong about the spelling, but not the politics. Your history lesson matters not. Presently, Loudoun is very liberal. You said it. The school board make up is now liberal. Loudoun voted over 60% for Biden, just 35% Trump. That is a huge margin and certainly not representative of an "average" suburb.

In many ways it is not, but politically it is a lot closer to 'average' for a suburb than you seem to realize.

And, I might add. A Loudoun DEM is likely not a Joe Machin.

And you know this how? Loudoun is my literal neighboring county and I know plenty of folks that live there to include some that used to consider themselves Republican.

Loudoun is presently liberal. No way around it. And that is interesting given the push back to liberal polices also supported by the President.

I think you and I might have different definitions of 'liberal'. Politics in my neck of the woods has been pretty moderate for a while, especially compared to a few of our neighboring locales, with plenty of Republicans in power until the last 4 or so years. Maybe it is less the place has become more 'liberal' than the Republicans have lost a lot of moderates and independents in my area for some strange reason.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And you know this how? Loudoun is my literal neighboring county and I know plenty of folks that live there to include some that used to consider themselves Republican.
Ditto for my son who I visit and actual talk to about stuff. Was in the area just before the election. Got a Navy buddy living in Loudoun. So I have some idea. But the facts speak for themselves. It is a liberal county. That is what I wrote. You can characterize your flavor of liberal if you choose. But they vote solid DEM.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ditto for my son who I visit and actual talk to about stuff. Was in the area just before the election. Got a Navy buddy living in Loudoun. So I have some idea. But the facts speak for themselves. It is a liberal county. That is what I wrote. You can characterize your flavor of liberal if you choose. But they vote solid DEM.

Liberal or conservative, that's it? If you see everything in black and white when it comes to politics then I guess even places like Loudoun are liberal bastions to folks like you. But hey, at least I can spell it right.

jtmedli

pilot
That's just like your opinion man.

Well, really the author's opinion. But still an opinion column.

Do you have some substantive issue with the article's content or are you just being dismissive of it because it's an opinion piece? Critical Race theory in and of itself is little more than a massive racist, Marxist opinion piece so why not counter with opinion?

Mirage

pilot
I feel like we've beaten to death the arguments about if it's Marxist, racist, supported by our government, etc.

The question I'm still curious folks thoughts on is if anyone actually think making everything about race (I hope we can at least agree that this is part of what CRT aims to do) has helped anything.

I think it's largely been successful in making people hyper aware of race, and inserting consideration of racial issues into most any topic for the last couple years. Does anyone feel this has improved race relations? Made small business owners more likely to employ people of another race? Increased the social interaction between people of different races?

I asked in the other thread but I think it got buried in some heated arguments.

Last edited:

Pags

N/A
pilot
Do you have some substantive issue with the article's content or are you just being dismissive of it because it's an opinion piece? Critical Race theory in and of itself is little more than a massive racist, Marxist opinion piece so why not counter with opinion?
I've opined enough in this thread and the other.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I think it's largely been successful in making people hyper aware of race, and inserting consideration of racial issues into most any topic for the last couple years. Does anyone feel this has improved race relations? Made small business owners more likely to employ people of another race? Increased the social interaction between people of different races?
I think it has done more harm than good. I also think that the philosophy of CRT is much closer to the vision of Malcolm X than MLK Jr.

You tell the 70% of this country making under $50,000 per year that they're a bunch of privileged people oppressing members of other races and you're going to stir up a lot of emotion, not unlike when Mitt Romney told people they don't actually pay any taxes and Obama told the nation 'you didn't earn that.'

Python

pilot
Contributor

Teachers: This is a right wing conspiracy and won’t be a part of K-12 education

Also teachers: We will break the law if we have to, in order to ensure we teach this to K-12 students.

Treetop Flyer

pilot

Also teachers: We will break the law if we have to, in order to ensure we teach this to K-12 students.
That’s not happening. It’s a right wing dog whistle conspiracy. I’ve been assured of as much by top men on this site.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

A few isolated districts get carried away with some aspects of CRT…
GOP overreacts and passes “anti-CRT” laws that appear to whitewash the history of race in this country…
Teachers overreact to ham fisted legislation, vowing to break any CRT laws…
Yada, yada, yada…
The universe implodes into an infinitely dense singularity.
This is why we can’t have nice things in this country.