• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Space Force Officer Relieved After Denouncing CRT/Marxism

SlickAg

pilot
Y'all need to get out a little bit more, at least beyond the loud voices on cable news, she's gotten plenty of coverage.
Shocker: NOVA news stations talk about new Lieutenant Governor-elect. Interestingly, I haven’t seen the President or the Veep talk about her historic victory. Surprising, given their electoral platform of unifying and togetherness, don’t you think?

My point, and probably his, is more that they spent their time calling Republicans racist, rather than talking about how a bunch of “racists” just elected Winsome Sears.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I also think this shows that Americans aren’t nearly as progressive and woke as the media would lead us to believe. There’s still a strong center, and they will vote in a way they think is best for their family. The wine mom giveth, and the wine mom taketh away.
I agree with you on the strong center of the electorate, but I think the kingmakers in charge of both parties are off the looney deep end. That and they're so obsessed with poking each other in the eye that they've both alienated the center population (though perhaps they differ in the degree of how far off the deep end).

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Shocker: NOVA news stations talk about new Lieutenant Governor-elect. Interestingly, I haven’t seen the President or the Veep talk about her historic victory. Surprising, given their electoral platform of unifying and togetherness, don’t you think?

DC-area news has been talking about her for a while.

Okay.

My point, and probably his, is more that they spent their time calling Republicans racist, rather than talking about how a bunch of “racists” just elected Winsome Sears.

Voting for her doesn't make a racist not a racist anymore, or that voting Republican makes one a racist.

Did you work on McAuliffe’s campaign? Seemed like his gaffe on schools may have come from you.

I follow the rules concerning government employees and political involvement/speech, unlike some here.

SlickAg

pilot
DC-area news has been talking about her for a while.

Okay.

Voting for her doesn't make a racist not a racist anymore, or that voting Republican makes one a racist.

I follow the rules concerning government employees and political involvement/speech, unlike some here.
Okay, so exactly what I said. I’m sure they also praised her to the high heavens, right?

So your position is that the Republican Party IS actually racist? I’m not sure your new Lieutenant Governor would agree with you.

And lastly, LOL. If only all the supermods were as noble and pure. I guess the rules didn’t apply when Orange Man Bad was in office, right?

SlickAg

pilot
I agree with you on the strong center of the electorate, but I think the kingmakers in charge of both parties are off the looney deep end. That and they're so obsessed with poking each other in the eye that they've both alienated the center population (though perhaps they differ in the degree of how far off the deep end).
Respectfully disagree. People bought off on what the Dems were selling in 2020 and (naively, in my opinion) believed the lines about unity and togetherness. Now that they’ve had a chance to get a taste of what that actually entailed (e.g. a literal high dive into the loony deep end), they’ve gone back the other way. Ten to fifteen point swings in blue states a year after the presidential election don’t point to both parties alienating voters, it points to ONE party doing that.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Okay, so exactly what I said.

No.

I’m sure they also praised her to the high heavens, right?

No, the stuff I read and saw simply reported on her and her positions.

So your position is that the Republican Party IS actually racist?

No.

And lastly, LOL. If only all the supermods were as noble and pure. I guess the rules didn’t apply when Orange Man Bad was in office, right?

I followed the rules when the previous President was in office, so not right.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Y'all need to get out a little bit more, at least beyond the loud voices on cable news, she's gotten plenty of coverage.

My comment was directly in response to the election night coverage (between 2100-2400). Between the 3 stations I was flipping between (CNN, MSNBC, FOX) I don't remember her name or that office being mentioned once. I can't remember if Fox even mentioned her by name. For the few hours I was watching, while multi-tasking, the predominant theme, especially at MSNBC, was that the results of the election show Republicans are racist while ignoring the fact that the newly-elected Republican AG and LT G are both minorities.

Since I'm not a VA resident, I hadn't been following all the races (just the governor since that seemed to get all the headlines nationally). So I wasn't aware of what coverage either of them were getting before election night.

jmcquate

Contributor
My comment was directly in response to the election night coverage (between 2100-2400). Between the 3 stations I was flipping between (CNN, MSNBC, FOX) I don't remember her name or that office being mentioned once. I can't remember if Fox even mentioned her by name. For the few hours I was watching, while multi-tasking, the predominant theme, especially at MSNBC, was that the results of the election show Republicans are racist while ignoring the fact that the newly-elected Republican AG and LT G are both minorities.

Since I'm not a VA resident, I hadn't been following all the races (just the governor since that seemed to get all the headlines nationally). So I wasn't aware of what coverage either of them were getting before election night.
Why would they be. I can't recall National coverage of any other race except for Governor in any other of year election. I live in Arlington, VA and we got a heavy dose. The only race that mattered on a national level this year was for VA Governor, and the Dem and MSM narrative was Youngken = Trump.

Last edited:

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Ben Shapiro summed it up well:

“Condolences to VA on becoming radically racist again according to the media...by electing a black female lieutenant governor and a Cuban-American attorney general, rejecting racial essentialism in schools, and replacing a Dem governor who wore an actual KKK outfit.”

Sorry team blue couldn’t get their guy to replace Governor Coonman

Last edited:

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Here’s the real reason certain liberal fantasies appear to be crumbling fast: voters don’t like being bullied.

We are bullied about masks
We are bullied about stay-home orders
We are bullied about shutter-your-business orders
We are bullied about getting vaccinated (or lose our jobs)
We are bulllied about public school curricula (which we’re being told we need to sign an NDA to even see the lesson plans that kids are being taught in public schools)
We are bullied about eating meat
We are bullied about driving non-hybrid cars
We are bullied about how to vote (“If you don’t vote for me, you ain’t black”)

^ none of the items in that list are public laws passed by Congress, by the way. They are all executive orders, decrees, or do-gooder messaging at various levels of bureaucracy in which voters got no say.

The country seems to be saying “enough already.” I didn’t vote in the past 2 elections but as a sideline observer and a student of politics, that is the real root issue I’m seeing and hearing play out.

Last edited: