• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions after DCO Select

RJS

Haha he was in our class!
?Man...I'm trying to get to ODS ASAP. Commissioned back on 15 September. From the looks of it, it takes at least 4-6 weeks for NRC to contact you. From what I've been seeing, only 2 of us (in my region) have commissioned and there's about 10-11 of us. I'm about to reach out to my mentor to see if I can get on NRC's radar and gain status.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
?Man...I'm trying to get to ODS ASAP. Commissioned back on 15 September. From the looks of it, it takes at least 4-6 weeks for NRC to contact you. From what I've been seeing, only 2 of us (in my region) have commissioned and there's about 10-11 of us. I'm about to reach out to my mentor to see if I can get on NRC's radar and gain status.
You guys see no more participation award after 31DEC?

AU_Aviation

I was just having this discussion with someone and wanted to know what were the requirements for this medal. I guess I'm leaning towards since I've commissioned if I'd be authorized to wear this "pizza stain." Lol
I was wondering this same thing. I commissioned back in July, with effective date going back to March. I should be officially gained by my unit this month.

Reactions: RJS

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I was just having this discussion with someone and wanted to know what were the requirements for this medal. I guess I'm leaning towards since I've commissioned if I'd be authorized to wear this "pizza stain." Lol
I think as long as you commission prior to end of the calendar year you can wear the ketchup and mustard stain.

MajorThom13

I was wondering this same thing. I commissioned back in July, with effective date going back to March. I should be officially gained by my unit this month.
Were you in the fall boards last year, with the last board in September?
If so, when did everyone’s selection results come out? I think I remember one person mentioning finding out a few days before Thanksgiving.

number9

Contributor
Were you in the fall boards last year, with the last board in September?
If so, when did everyone’s selection results come out? I think I remember one person mentioning finding out a few days before Thanksgiving.
I was notified the Friday before Thanksgiving, but I was among the last to hear.

RJS

Military Leave Question: If commissioned before the new fiscal year, are you entitled to the 15 days of military leave in 2022? If so, can they rollover into FY23? This would result in an additional 15 days of military leave for 2023. Just curious about this one. Looking at trying to get into the January ODS course and then Supply BQC that March. Would be great to have 30 days to utilize for all that time. Not going to hold my breath on this though.

number9

Contributor
Military Leave Question: If commissioned before the new fiscal year, are you entitled to the 15 days of military leave in 2022? If so, can they rollover into FY23? This would result in an additional 15 days of military leave for 2023. Just curious about this one. Looking at trying to get into the January ODS course and then Supply BQC that March. Would be great to have 30 days to utilize for all that time. Not going to hold my breath on this though.
Do you mean ODS in January 2023? If so, have you been gained by your unit yet? If not, I worry a little bit about whether you'll have time to get put into that class.

RJS

Do you mean ODS in January 2023? If so, have you been gained by your unit yet? If not, I worry a little bit about whether you'll have time to get put into that class.
Yes. I've been gained and will be attending INDOC next month. During that time, they'll try and schedule me to attend ODS then. I'm also trying to navigate things with my wife already being AD Navy. Scheduled my appointment with RAPIDs to get a CAC. Anything in particular I need? COMDOCS, SSC, Birth Certificate, etc.? I'm already in DEERS as a fed employee and dependent. Shouldn't be hard I guess.

TheClyde

Yes. I've been gained and will be attending INDOC next month. During that time, they'll try and schedule me to attend ODS then. I'm also trying to navigate things with my wife already being AD Navy. Scheduled my appointment with RAPIDs to get a CAC. Anything in particular I need? COMDOCS, SSC, Birth Certificate, etc.? I'm already in DEERS as a fed employee and dependent. Shouldn't be hard I guess.
For DEERS I think you just need two ID's or whatever it says on the website. CAC is your golden ticket. Otherwise you shouldn't need to bring anything to the NRC, your recruiter or processor should have forwarded them all COMDOCS which they used to put you in the system. No reason you shouldn't be able to get into Jan ODS if you go to drill in November.

number9

Contributor
Is INDOC at your unit or the NOSC? If it's at the NOSC, I would email the COC of your unit and ask for the details of the N7 (training officer) and reach out to them to ask if it's possible to put you in ODS now. If your heart is absolutely set on January ODS, I wouldn't wait. If you can go to ODS later, then it's not as big of a deal.

I had my heart set on a certain ODS date and I wasn't able to get it, so if you're set on January I just want to try and set expectations. There are a lot of moving parts and the process moves slowly.

You might want to take a copy of your marriage certificate and, if you have kids, birth certificates to get them added. If your wife already has a CAC then I imagine they can add her as a dependent to you without her being there (because she'll already have a DOD ID number)

RJS

For DEERS I think you just need two ID's or whatever it says on the website. CAC is your golden ticket. Otherwise you shouldn't need to bring anything to the NRC, your recruiter or processor should have forwarded them all COMDOCS which they used to put you in the system. No reason you shouldn't be able to get into Jan ODS if you go to drill in November.
Great! Planned to get there later next month because I'm trying to keep my beard a little while longer. Lol. I'm trying to get ODS out of the well so I can get started on BQC. These cohorts look to run late into 2024 and into mid 2025.

TheClyde

Is INDOC at your unit or the NOSC? If it's at the NOSC, I would email the COC of your unit and ask for the details of the N7 (training officer) and reach out to them to ask if it's possible to put you in ODS now. If your heart is absolutely set on January ODS, I wouldn't wait. If you can go to ODS later, then it's not as big of a deal.

I had my heart set on a certain ODS date and I wasn't able to get it, so if you're set on January I just want to try and set expectations. There are a lot of moving parts and the process moves slowly.

You might want to take a copy of your marriage certificate and, if you have kids, birth certificates to get them added. If your wife already has a CAC then I imagine they can add her as a dependent to you without her being there (because she'll already have a DOD ID number)
Curious as to what the moving parts were? For me it was as simple as the NRC training department going onto a website to make the quota request, which was approved by the schoolhouse the following Monday. Or was there an issue with orders or something?