• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions after DCO Select

Navigatingnavy

What are the barracks/sleeping arrangements like in Kinghill ODS? Is it single rooms, 2 ppl to each room, 4 man rooms, or is everyone sleeping in one huge bay room.. like navy bootcamp?

RJS

What are the barracks/sleeping arrangements like in Kinghill ODS? Is it single rooms, 2 ppl to each room, 4 man rooms, or is everyone sleeping in one huge bay room.. like navy bootcamp?
It is definitely not like Navy bootcamp. Haven't been but have spoken to a few folks as well as having watched a ton of videos (Lol). Sleeping arrangements, at King Hall, are usually 2 ppl to each room. With class sizes increasing up to the max (around 170+) you're guaranteed to have a roommate. During the pandemic, it wasn't strange to see one person to each room.

Navigatingnavy

It is definitely not like Navy bootcamp. Haven't been but have spoken to a few folks as well as having watched a ton of videos (Lol). Sleeping arrangements, at King Hall, are usually 2 ppl to each room. With class sizes increasing up to the max (around 170+) you're guaranteed to have a roommate. During the pandemic, it wasn't strange to see one person to each room.
Thank you!

njac35

I am a recent applicant and an enlisted reservist. I am curious what happens upon selection. Would the service member continue to drill at their current paygrade until the Commissioning date? If they do not continue drilling are they discharged and re-enlisted in some type of holding status? The reason I ask is for Tricare purposes, if discharged from the reserves as enlisted and then you have to wait for months to commission would you need to be enrolled in another form of coverage?

Last edited:

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
King Hall is 2 per room, in pretty tight quarters. Each person has their own bed, desk and wardrobe for hanging clothes and storing things that you want locked.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I am a recent applicant and an enlisted reservist. I am curious what happens upon selection. Would the service member continue to drill at their current paygrade until the Commissioning date? If they do not continue drilling are they discharged and re-enlisted in some type of holding status? The reason I ask is for Tricare purposes, if discharged from the reserves as enlisted and then you have to wait for months to commission would you need to be enrolled in another form of coverage?

You continue drilling enlisted until once you commission.

RJS

For ODS, are the coyote boots authorized or must we buy the black boots?
Black boots only for uniformity. Also check the ODS website to download the Uniform Inventory List. The list also states that no brown boots or black rough out boots are authorized for wear with the NWU.

RJS

That's unfortunate
You can purchase the brown boots for wear during your drill at your unit. The NEX sells 3 styles of black boots (if you’re able to get on to base). I purchased the regular 9” black boot (Seabag Item) to break them in for wear. However, will soon purchase the Belleville Flight Deck Boot for ODS since a ton of marching and standing will be going on.

Navigatingnavy

You can purchase the brown boots for wear during your drill at your unit. The NEX sells 3 styles of black boots (if you’re able to get on to base). I purchased the regular 9” black boot (Seabag Item) to break them in for wear. However, will soon purchase the Belleville Flight Deck Boot for ODS since a ton of marching and standing will be going on.
Yea I have been wearing the coyotes since 2013 when the type 3s were only being worn by commissioned units. Much better than the black bates and bellevilles

I just bought a pair of bates off of ebay to break in before ODS.

Reactions: RJS

RJS

Wow! I didn’t think those Bates were still available anywhere. As a matter of fact, most NEX’s have been selling the uniform shoes at a 50% discount. You’re definitely ready then. Lol. From what I’ve seen, NWU’s are only worn during week 2 of training before transition to khaki’s during weeks 3-5. With the increase in attendance to ODS, I’ve heard that the standing and marching is going to require purchase of moleskin.