• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions after DCO Select

RJS

Thank you both. I will be able to find the answer. I did search before asking, but this platform is full of information. It is difficult to find true answers and not just options.

Cheers!
@warthog_az i was the one who asked this question in the forum. You should look through the Uniforms: Holy Cow…thread. Generally, you can wear the flight deck boot at ODS if you have them. Just ensure that you hand shine them and not use polishes like the liquid gold “Leather Luster” to do so. I mean if you do, I don’t believe they’d make you purchase another pair. However, I wouldn’t risk it.

I currently have the basic boot. If you are drilling months before you attend ODS, you’d be able to break them in before going. After much thought, and plenty of questions, I decided to purchase the basics before going to the requested ODS in May. With the cost of the Officer Wardrobe in its entirety, I thought it be safe to just buy the basic footwear since you’ll only spend 1 week in Type III’s anyway. Just my $0.02.

warthog_az

@warthog_az i was the one who asked this question in the forum. You should look through the Uniforms: Holy Cow…thread. Generally, you can wear the flight deck boot at ODS if you have them. Just ensure that you hand shine them and not use polishes like the liquid gold “Leather Luster” to do so. I mean if you do, I don’t believe they’d make you purchase another pair. However, I wouldn’t risk it.

I currently have the basic boot. If you are drilling months before you attend ODS, you’d be able to break them in before going. After much thought, and plenty of questions, I decided to purchase the basics before going to the requested ODS in May. With the cost of the Officer Wardrobe in its entirety, I thought it be safe to just buy the basic footwear since you’ll only spend 1 week in Type III’s anyway. Just my $0.02.
Thank you for the response and advice. Basic boots it's is.

Reactions: RJS

njac35

I am currently an IS1 and a recent 1835 selectee off of the last board. I was wondering about the NIOBIC phase 1 waiver process? I have been on MOB and supported many exercises and been on long-term orders all as an IS and was told that it would not really be that beneficial. If that is bad information and there is some benefit please let me know.

number9

Contributor
I am currently an IS1 and a recent 1835 selectee off of the last board. I was wondering about the NIOBIC phase 1 waiver process? I have been on MOB and supported many exercises and been on long-term orders all as an IS and was told that it would not really be that beneficial. If that is bad information and there is some benefit please let me know.
What does the N7 of your current unit say? I haven't heard good things about waivers for new Os with prior experience in other branches, but my unit doesn't have any prior enlisted so I don't know what their waiver situation would have been.

njac35

What does the N7 of your current unit say? I haven't heard good things about waivers for new Os with prior experience in other branches, but my unit doesn't have any prior enlisted so I don't know what their waiver situation would have been.
My current unit said I should find out how to get a phase 1 waiver... Also not coming from another branch, I am currently Navy.

number9

Contributor
My current unit said I should find out how to get a phase 1 waiver... Also not coming from another branch, I am currently Navy.
I didn't mean to imply that you were coming from another branch, sorry about that. In my unit we had some prior enlisted AF with significant intel experience and they weren't allowed to waive RNIOBC because "you need to learn how the Navy does it", which is fair enough I guess.

njac35

I didn't mean to imply that you were coming from another branch, sorry about that. In my unit we had some prior enlisted AF with significant intel experience and they weren't allowed to waive RNIOBC because "you need to learn how the Navy does it", which is fair enough I guess.
no worries, I was just curious. The waiver is just for phase 1 of NIOBIC but you still come back for phase 2 and complete that whenever you can get a seat.

RJS

no worries, I was just curious. The waiver is just for phase 1 of NIOBIC but you still come back for phase 2 and complete that whenever you can get a seat.
@njac35 you may be able to bring this particular thread back to life with your questions or concerns.

This thread is generally where everyone flocks to after being selected. Possibly because it is it what selects want to know. Check the one above to see if someone will answer there since not everyone may not follow this thread. Hope this helps.

njac35

Apologies, I got so excited and focused on my training pipeline I forgot there were other designators lol. I will try the other thread as you suggested.

Explorer

@njac35 I just went through the phase 1 waiver course at CNIFR two weeks ago. Coming from the Air Force with plenty of ISR instructor experience, I didn’t find it terribly difficult. You will not get credit for completing phase 1 (since it’s a waiver for the course) and you will not get your PQS sign offs.

The test was nearly all write in answers so you’ll need to study. The instructors are great but they do not cover all of the material presented on the test for some reason. I’m not sure how many people passed the test but the staff emphasized that typically only 30% do pass.

Go on the Reserve Homeport CNIFR N7 page or contact your regional IWC instructor for more info.

Aem022407

Is there a location to monitor the scroll status or to even see what scroll you were put on? I am currently a reservist but can't find anything on BOL or other MNH links. TIA

njac35

Greetings,

I was told my first AT must be ODS, I am currently on the waitlist for the class but if I do not get seats I would need to do an AT or get a waiver. I am being told that no waiver are being approved at this time. Being that im prior-E does that mean I can conduct AT as normal if the ODS seats are full?

V/R

TheClyde

Greetings,

I was told my first AT must be ODS, I am currently on the waitlist for the class but if I do not get seats I would need to do an AT or get a waiver. I am being told that no waiver are being approved at this time. Being that im prior-E does that mean I can conduct AT as normal if the ODS seats are full?

V/R
Have you been assigned a sponsor?
Have you read the new onboarding website? https://www.navyreserve.navy.mil/Onboarding/DCO/
Have you read this document in its entirety?

The short answer is, your first AT should be ODS, per the document (instruction) above. If you can't get into ODS because it's full, there is no reason why they shouldn't give you a waiver.