• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

question about JETS and being navy officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
Everyone,

Is there anyone that takes this CollegeGuy seriously? Read his reply's again. His grammar doesn't go past 6th grade. I can guarantee everyone here that College Guy is someone other than a person trying to go to flight School.

CollegeGuy, if you really, really are the 20-year old college student that is looking for infomation about becoming a SNA, PROVE IT!!!! I don't believe you.

Everyone, just think about it. Why would someone keep asking the same questions over and over??? I'm sorry CollegeGuy, you don't have me FOOLED!!

Dustin

collegeguy

PROVE IT, D-MAC? HOW EXACTLY SHOULD I PROVE IT? FIRST YOU SHOULD PROVE TO ME THAT YOU'RE 21-YEAR OLD AND FROM INDIANA? HOW EXACTLY WILL YOU DO THAT? AND IS THIS GOOD GRAMMAR: "Read his reply's again" MAYBE IN INDIANA THEY DON'T TEACH HOW TO USE APOSTROPHES? YOU SHOULD PROOFREAD YOUR OWN LETTER BEFORE YOU CRITICIZE ME. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING HELPFUL TO ADD THEN PLEASE STAY AWAY.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Some are still limited to 3 G's but most of them are 4.5G capable!
ea6bflyr [^]
Originally posted by kmac
A little off topic...

What is the current G limitation for Prowlers? When I did some work on them it was 3Gs. I know they've replaced the center wing section on many/most aircraft (if not all) and was wondering if it's been up'ed to 4Gs or more.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Okay guys.....Settle down! Lets be civil about this. College Guy, please look around before posting your questions; they may already be posted in another thread. And yes, D-Mac, for all we know the person posting questions is a cat or dog or for that matter a penguin on the other side of the computer. If you don't like someone's post, just IGNORE it....
ea6bflyr [^]
Originally posted by collegeguy
PROVE IT, D-MAC? HOW EXACTLY SHOULD I PROVE IT? FIRST YOU SHOULD PROVE TO ME THAT YOU'RE 21-YEAR OLD AND FROM INDIANA? HOW EXACTLY WILL YOU DO THAT? AND IS THIS GOOD GRAMMAR: "Read his reply's again" MAYBE IN INDIANA THEY DON'T TEACH HOW TO USE APOSTROPHES? YOU SHOULD PROOFREAD YOUR OWN LETTER BEFORE YOU CRITICIZE ME. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING HELPFUL TO ADD THEN PLEASE STAY AWAY.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Easy CG,

Most members on this board usually read numerous prior posts before asking some of the questions you have. The way that you phrase your questions lead most people on this board to believe that you are something other than a 20 yr old college guy.

Dave

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
Alright CG smartass. Since you are so lame and have absolutely NO common sense,
bigeyes_125.gif
I will answer your questions for you. Okay???? Just DON'T ask them for a 10th time. What's up with "I only have

1 question", then you go on to say, "I just have 1 other question". What's up with this? Read your prior replIES, and you repeat yourself every time. Anyways, here are the answer to your common sense questions that you couldn't answer or get answered by your recruiter, like everyone else suggested.

I ONLY QUESTION: DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS ON THE ASTB AND OAR? (It is a test you have to take in order to get accepted into an Officer Community if you didn't go to the Naval Academy).IS THE TEST HARD?/forum/images/speech/icon_speech_duh.gif What do you think? Do you actually believe an idiot like you coming from McDonalds could actually learn to fly a jet? Do you actually think the government is going to put anyone through a multi-million dollar school? Think about it!. DO YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE TEST TO GET TO BE INTO FLIGHT SCHOOL? No, you take the test in order to get accepted into a community. Your test scores and other factors determine if you can go to flight school. (Read the other posts. Maybe you'll learn something.) WHAT TEST SCORE DO YOU NEED TO GET IN ORDER TO FLY F-18S? The ASTB has nothing to do with flying F/A 18's. Read the POSTINGS!!! IS THE TEST EASIER IN THE MARINES? Now, think about it. Why would it be easier for the Marines??? MY UNCLE SAID IT MIGHT BE. Well, my uncle said pigs could fly. SO WHAT!!!!

I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT i CAN STUDY TO GET READY FOR MY ATBS? Yeah, it's called "Flying F/A 18's for DUMMIES" I'M TAKING IT ON TUESDAY NEXT WEEK. IS THERE A BOOK OR SOMETHING I CAN STUDY FOR IT?
banghead_125.gif
Damnit, I just answered that question. ALSO, I HEARD THAT I SHOULD LIE FOR THE BIOGRAPHICAL PART? You just might have to. It sounds like you might have to cheat on the whole test in order to get accepted for the infamous SNA designation. DID ANYONE ELSE DO THIS? Why should you care? This test is for you.

By the way, Good luck on the ASTB. Maybe you'll qualify to do my laundry.

Anyways, enough with the joking around. If you are who you are, then so be it.

travislikes

TACAMO Bus Driver
Wow...I have to give it to LadyJay, I think she is the only one on here who has any sense of humor. It must be because she is prior. Man, if you guys are all really aviators or SNA's, I have one piece of advice for you...lighten up!! You are not going to be able to last for seven or eight years in the same Navy that I am in if your skin is that thin.
Collegeguy, you are awesome! I am a fan. The more people who get furious with you, the more I like you, so keep it up. You should come fly E-6's when you graduate from flight school. It is a jet, like you want to fly, and it has twice as many engines as an F-18. I will take you on my crew any day!
I love you, man!

BONE77

College guy,
C'mon dude, quit posting, I thought your original tattoo post was funny, but now you are running it into the ground. I check this site to learn from the very smart people trying to chase the dream like I am. I have learned a lot from them and it is cool that they share their info. You have to remember, we are all going up against each other for these slots, and you could compare this site to the NFL teams sharing their playbooks on how to get to the superbowl. If you want this as bad as we do, then post something that we all can learn from, then you will learn also. The guy who started this site did not intend for it to be used to have fun pissing people off, I don't mind a little humor, but your long posts are a waste of everyones time.

LadyJayUSN

Origionally posted by D_mac:Is there anyone that takes this CollegeGuy seriously?

Why...of course! After all, there is no such thing as a stupid question right? [:D]

Origionally quoted from COLLOGEGUY:PROVE IT, D-MAC? HOW EXACTLY SHOULD I PROVE IT?

C'mon now guys, put your thingy's back in your pants....no need for a pissin' contest.

COLLEGEGUY...don't sweat these guys. Just because you're like the guy in class who always raises his hand right before the class ends to ask a question that was already covered in lechture, doesn't mean you don't deserve to have the question answered.

But I've got a qucik question for you this time (COLLEGEGUY AND COLLEGUY ONLY should answer this question please):
You seem like a die-hard Tides fan...what did ya'll score against OU in the first half of the game this season. Did ya'll play home or away? I had money on this game that Alabama was going to win and I need to know. Thanks!!

Oh and Travis says:
Wow...I have to give it to LadyJay, I think she is the only one on here who has any sense of humor.

Shucks darn, Travis, you tryin' to be sweet on me? [:I]

<I SWIM 'CAUSE I'M TOO DAMNED SEXY FOR SPORTS THAT REQUIRE CLOTHING>

travislikes

TACAMO Bus Driver
Originally posted by BONE77
College guy,
C'mon dude, quit posting, I thought your original tattoo post was funny, but now you are running it into the ground. I check this site to learn from the very smart people trying to chase the dream like I am. I have learned a lot from them and it is cool that they share their info.

Bone,
The best piece of advice that I can give you if you really want to be an aviator is Lighten Up!!!
You are going to go insane if you let somebody like collegeguy bother you.
Yes, this site is awesome and people are really sharing some good info here, but man, this is just a joke. The only reason that he keeps posting is because guys like you reply like that. I'll tell you the same thing I tell my kids: If you want him to stop, just ignore him.

As for LadyJay:
Shucks darn, Travis, you tryin' to be sweet on me?

It would never work between us. The only reason that I get emotional about OU football is because the traffic sucks in Norman on game days.[8D]

Daedalus

LadyJay, you seem to have it pretty well figured out.
Your profile says still in school, what school are you attending/ what are you studying? You are a pilot correct? Then I have a question less based on fact and more on rumor. Would it help your application to have your pilot's license, or hurt it?
And does anyone know definitively what the age limit is with no prior service for SNA?
Also I know this has been beaten to death, but I have found no definitive answer on this either...I know a kid who was part of the test program at Annapolis for prk approval, who said that you must be part of the test program in order to get a waver for surgery. Is this true, and if not what exactly is the process to get the surgery and then a waver.
Thanks

LadyJayUSN

Origionally posted by Daedalus:
Your profile says still in school, what school are you attending/ what are you studying? You are a pilot correct?Would it help your application to have your pilot's license, or hurt it? And does anyone know definitively what the age limit is with no prior service for SNA?

1. I'm at the University of Oklahoma. I'm a aviation management major, and yes, I'm a commercially rated pilot.
captain_125.gif

2. As far as the age things goes, I have no idea. I'm not up to speed on OCS qualifications because well, I'm NROTC. Check out the OCS forum and dig around some of the old posts. When in doubt, ask your good old navy recruiter if you can read the actual OCS application instructions. I'm sure if you wanted you could probably find those instructions somewhere on the internet as well.
apple_125.gif

3. Let's see...as far as having flight experience, it certainly wouldn't hurt (and that's my personal opinion). As far as the application and selection process goes, who knows if it plays a role. You would think it does, but if you check out the OCS forum, you might find a flight instructor or two with a gazillion hours and great scores who were turned down. Based upon discussions I've had with friends and officers who've recently completed primary and intermediate, people with prior flight experience tend to be a bit ahead of the power curve (there are those who bomb out, don't get me wrong). It's a lot to get in an airplane for the second and third time and be able to take off, manage radio calls, look for traffic, fly course rules, etc. With prior flight experience you don't have to necessarily learn to fly, you more or less transition into a different flying style. Military and civilian aviaion differ considerably. Pick up what I'm puttin' down?

4. PRK...there's a forum about that somewhere around here or look for the instructions on line or through that Navy recruiter guy. I apologize that I can't answer your question, but I don't where glasses.
disguise_125.gif

Well, I think that about covers it. Not to be a butthead or anything, but like a few guys mentioned before in some earlier posts, all of you questions have been answered or explained somewhere in the forum. Check it out, there is a plethora of good gouge out there!!

Good luck!!!!
dopey_125.gif

<I SWIM 'CAUSE I'M TOO DAMNED SEXY FOR SPORTS THAT REQUIRE CLOTHING>

Malamar

Thats a good way to put it LadyJay, "more or less a transition"...I can say that my prior flight experience was a huge advantage, it really made things easy.

collegeguy

Originally posted by LadyJayUSN

But I've got a qucik question for you this time (COLLEGEGUY AND COLLEGUY ONLY should answer this question please):
You seem like a die-hard Tides fan...what did ya'll score against OU in the first half of the game this season. Did ya'll play home or away? I had money on this game that Alabama was going to win and I need to know.

WELL I WAS GOING TO GO THROUGH THE HASSLE OF LOOKING UP THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION ON THE INTERNET, BUT THEN I FIGURED WHAT'S THE POINT ANYWAY. I SUPPOSE YOU MEMORIZE ALL YOUR TEAMS HALFTIME SCORES FOR EVERY GAME OF THE SEASON, HUH LADYJAY? ANYONE COULD LOOK THAT STUFF UP ON THE INTERNET ANYWAY. AS I RECALL WE DIDN'T SCORE MUCH IN THE FIRST HALF AND ALMOST CAME BACK TO BEAT OKLAHOMO IN THE SECOND HALF. AND IT WAS AN AWAY GAME. IF I'M WRONG, OR IF YOUR NOT SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, TOO BAD.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.