• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quarantine Activities

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No different than other greens like collard, mustard, chard. It's also much hardier and productive in the garden than other greens.
Disagree. Other greens weren't demoted to decoration for decades. All those years in professional kitchens and no chef bothered to do anything with it but decorate. Gotta wonder. As to pedestrian cuisine, personally, never saw kale cooked up in a pot of southern greens.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That must have been a few seasons after the one when Pedro Cerrano figured out how to hit a curveball.
giphy.gif

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Disagree. Other greens weren't demoted to decoration for decades. All those years in professional kitchens and no chef bothered to do anything with it but decorate. Gotta wonder. As to pedestrian cuisine, personally, never saw kale cooked up in a pot of southern greens.
Garnish kale is different than most of the varieties one eats. I usually braise my kale, or add it to white bean/chorizo mix as a side.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

I get your overall point, and as someone who had no use for kale a couple of years ago, I'd be cheering you on. However, after having cooked it a bunch, a sauteed kale in olive oil with some garlic cloves and salt is a tasty side, both with and without adding it to a carb. I didn't believe it at first either, but it's a nice addition. I will agree that it's not nearly the same as a leftover.

Notanaviator

Contributor
Agreed.
No different than other greens like collard, mustard, chard. It's also much hardier and productive in the garden than other greens.

Agreed. Great flavor, healthy, but also much less likely to be killed off by my decidedly non green thumb.

Speaking of recovery from garnish status, I use the hell out of Parsley, put bunches into salads and pesto/chimichurri and herb sauces for fish/chicken etc... very underrated.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Agreed.

Agreed. Great flavor, healthy, but also much less likely to be killed off by my decidedly non green thumb.

Speaking of recovery from garnish status, I use the hell out of Parsley, put bunches into salads and pesto/chimichurri and herb sauces for fish/chicken etc... very underrated.
I did a chimichurri last week for some flank steak. That stuff is amazing.

Notanaviator

Contributor
Watching People vs OJ Simpson. Good series, but after a few episodes got curious about F Lee Bailey’s everpresent AF Command Pilot Wings. Turns out he was a Marine NA, flew Fury’s for a bit. I guess the gold mini wings were deemed by some producer to be ‘distracting,’ so better sub in the 3,000 hour ones from a different service...