• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quarantine Activities

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You know what's funny, is that I started seeing YouTube ads for soldering equipment. Big Brother is watching.
Guess it beats having the algorithm start showing ads for AA. :D

taxi1

pilot
While the quarantine is winding down, you may still want to build a kayak.

I built two craft from Pygmy Kayaks some years ago now, and love them. The Arctic Tern 14 and 17. Love the company. The owner is 77, and is putting the company into hibernation, so they are closing out what they have. Located in the PNW, so Whidbey and Seattle folks are well positioned to grab up a closeout kit (if they have any). From their newsletter...

I am now, at age 77, preparing to more fully retire. I have been in conversation with several skilled and competent potential buyers. But these discussions were put on hold by the coronavirus epidemic and the resulting decline and uncertainty of the US economy. In response we have decided to put Pygmy Boats into hibernation mode on July 1st. Now is a good time to order anything you feel you are missing or may need. We are offering a 30% reduction on all remaining inventory through June 30th.

My model

Arctic-Tern-14-Wood-Kayak.jpg

Pags

N/A
pilot
While the quarantine is winding down, you may still want to build a kayak.

I built two craft from Pygmy Kayaks some years ago now, and love them. The Arctic Tern 14 and 17. Love the company. The owner is 77, and is putting the company into hibernation, so they are closing out what they have. Located in the PNW, so Whidbey and Seattle folks are well positioned to grab up a closeout kit (if they have any). From their newsletter...

My model

Arctic-Tern-14-Wood-Kayak.jpg
Got the clan a couple of perception kayaks a few months ago for socially distant fun. Plus, it's the easiest way to get outside here in SOMD. Not as pretty as that one but they work great.

taxi1

pilot
I have a plastic one for going down creeks and bouncing off of rocks too. Definitely the way to get on the water.

I used to take my 14' boat and paddle across from Pax River to Solomon's Island on the weekend, hit the Tiki Bar for Mai-Tai, and paddle back. Fun times.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Got the clan a couple of perception kayaks a few months ago for socially distant fun. Plus, it's the easiest way to get outside here in SOMD. Not as pretty as that one but they work great.
Nice! Have you made the trip to Mallow's Bay to see the "ghost fleet?" It is really something to see.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Pagistanians....I see I’m going to have to invest in a decent (but low cost) anti-ship weapon system.

Maybe this...

View attachment 26569
Here is a low-cost, man-portable, ASW and ASuW capable, EW-resistant, fire-and-forget, motion-seeking weapon that requires no launcher. In the picture below, AO2 Joe Navy conducts a stern-facing pressure check on the weapon system before a live-fire exercise.

1413890158915_wps_1_CATERS_DIRTY_DANCING_CROC.jpg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Paddling is such a great way to be on the water. After years of renting, I bought a Easy Rider Eskimo 15 sea kayak during my last tour in Whidbey. I even have an outrigger/sail setup that I've used on the lakes here in NV. Definitely recommend! Hopefully @Spekkio doesn't jump my shit for being a bad officer, but the paddling in Lake Tahoe is phenomenal right now.