• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quarantine Activities

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Nearing completion of the library / media room remodel. Just got the whiskey barrel for the copper sink - chose a Woodford Reserve barrel that will need some fine sanding and then spray painting the metal bands. Didn't have the foggiest clue about the difference between wine barrels vs whiskey (wine is nicer) but found this website that helped out https://foodfornet.com/buy-used-whiskey-barrels-online/ The Jack Daniels distillery sells some nice ones ready to go as well.

Decided to use different lights for the wall sconces (the LED lights that look old fashioned with a yellow light) for when watching movies. On a separate circuit will be the 4 can lights in the ceiling for when reading.

While putting up the bookcases, I unfortunately hit a drain pipe. Checked to make sure neither my wife nor my daughter was near and then...

Hope to get some of the square ceiling molding up this weekend as well as the speaker mounts for the 7.1 surround sound. (wires are already in)

Finally saw a nice Robert Taylor print entitled "Victory Flyover" - but was too expensive. Decided to get the poster for 1/16 the price and maybe put it under the glass top of the desk. If it works out, great, if not, I will find someplace for it.

Anyway, back to work...

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Don’t cut the red wire!
Sounds like a plot device for some kind of threequel combined Speed 3/Top Gun 3.

Tom Cruise reprises his role as Maverick, except he's finally retired and he runs a bar in some popular port of call. Fan favorite Keanu Reeves is back as a former LAPD cop, also now retired, when he gets a cryptic message that the liberty launch will blow up if it goes slower than 3 knots.

Maverick's bar, named "The Goose Nest," has a vintage jukebox (naturally) and it has that proverbial "red wire" inside, as revealed during the climax scene. The movie studio is currently in negotiations with a surprise, big name actor to play the villain, who will be one of those really great movie villains who you love to hate but is such an oh-so-compelling character... the script keeps us guessing if the villain is Jester, if it's that bald commander from TG1 who yelled a lot and smoked in his cabin (wasn't he also the principal from Hill Valley High School??), or maybe even one of the ambiguous MiG 28 pilots, back for revenge...

One last spoiler is that the jukebox is a central plot device- the villain steals the #1 record in the stack, The Righteous Brothers Greatest Hits.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Power supply capacitors (the big electrolytic ones) are a common source of failure for TVs these days. You can replace them for under $20 if you can solder. I refurbished mine, that I've had since 2007. Still running strong. There's probably a YouTube vid for your TV model.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Power supply capacitors (the big electrolytic ones) are a common source of failure for TVs these days. You can replace them for under $20 if you can solder. I refurbished mine, that I've had since 2007. Still running strong. There's probably a YouTube vid for your TV model.
Too late...he is already drinking Hop Gun.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
You've just given me my retirement business plan: A combination maker space and bar. What could go wrong?
Name ideas:
Sip and Solder
The Tippling Tinkerer
3-B Printing (eh?)
It is ideas like this that keep America great!