• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pipeline Cut

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Now, do you have to stick around and do T-1's with the rest of your class, or are you moving on to Corpus? If you have to stick around there, then I offer my condolences.

So, in the somewhat un-likely event I get E-6's, I will be hating life more than usual during advanced?

madmartigan

pilot
Hey Guys. Long time reader, first time poster-selecting this week. No real need to get so wound up about the situation, but I'll be sure to let the concerned know if the "P3 draft" is still going on Thursday. Sorry to hear things didn't go as you had hoped sheldator.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Last Thursday at Vance all three got P-3's. We all had over a 50 NSS, and all I can say is I'm pissed. Unfortunately as a student I have no idea what I can do. Don't get me wrong I'm extremely grateful to be in flight training with the Navy and to serve. However, I think it's completely reasonable for me fight for what I want, and the lifestyle I want. I don't mean to derail this thread so please message me or push me in the right direction.

Fight all you want brother, it won't help. Embrace what you got and realize that flying is a lot better than driving a ship. Lifestyle is different in every community but it's also a lot of what you make of it.

Good luck.

tiger84

LT
pilot
Last Thursday at Vance all three got P-3's. We all had over a 50 NSS, and all I can say is I'm pissed. Unfortunately as a student I have no idea what I can do. Don't get me wrong I'm extremely grateful to be in flight training with the Navy and to serve. However, I think it's completely reasonable for me fight for what I want, and the lifestyle I want. I don't mean to derail this thread so please message me or push me in the right direction.

Shitty draw man. The way things have been going the past few weeks make me a bit worried that I'll get caught up in a P-3 draft myself. However, we all knew what we were getting into when we signed up for this. It sucks, but I've made my peace with flying whatever the Navy decides to give me,

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor

Make sure you let all your instructors in advanced know that you had jet grades but got screwed by the Man. Then, if you make it through, be sure to tell everybody in your community that you had jet grades and shouldn't be stuck there. Having said that: if you think my response makes me sound like a dick, imagine what you sound like. Learn this now because it will be useful your entire career: the Navy owes you nothing - whether you worked hard for it or not.

So, in all seriousness, shut your hole and be grateful - being a whining tool now can follow you all the way to the Rag and your first tour.

EDIT - By the way, I do know that comes off as harsh, but he needs to get over it before he damages his reputation in his new community. Students sometimes don't realize that instructors talk to each other across the pipeline, but they do.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Fight for it? Haha...good one. Last I heard the only option was to either accept what you are gonna be doing, or:
Dee! Don't want to be here!!!
Oh! Oh MY Lord!!
Are! Retreat!!!!!!!!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You want a rep REAL QUICK, go ahead and try to "fight it." I distinctly remember some assclown who selected Prowlers out of VT-9 a month or so ahead of me. Student rumor mill put out that he broke down in tears, ripped the Prowler patch off his flight suit and put the T-45 one back on. He was lucky to be serving under one of the coolest COs ever to wear a command pin in that he didn't get reamed. One of the guys in the next class wanted Prowlers, and a slot magically appeared for him as the whiner went off to Hornet land. Dunno who decided what to make that happen. Yeah, he got what he wanted but he lost all respect from anybody who heard the story in order to get it. Suck it up and deal.

Dee! Don't want to be here!!!
Oh! Oh MY Lord!!
Are! Retreat!!!!!!!!
cat-okay.gif

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Next person to post a "boohoohoo someone didn't get jets even with a 52" or "I'm so scared of selecting anything but jets" or any derivative of such annoyance will be sent directly to the Air Force's UAV RAG.

Jeff29

Science Project
This actually happened while I was in Meridian to a guy who had been in my Primary Squadron. He had already started T-44's when he was offered the opportunity to switch to jets, which he took. Of course he had a 67 out of Primary, there was a jet draft going on, and daddy was an O-6 F-14 driver. (He also managed to Class Alpha a T-45, but he's out flying Hornets now.)

Unless you've got the perfect storm going on for you, nothing is going to change. I know it sucks to not get what you were hoping for, but be happy to be flying (there are those of us who would kill to be flying anything).

UMichfly

pilot
None
Next person to post a "boohoohoo someone didn't get jets even with a 52" or "I'm so scared of selecting anything but jets" or any derivative of such annoyance will be sent directly to the Air Force's UAV RAG.

Can you expand this policy to the entire TRACOM instead of just AW? My "Urge To Facepunch" meter would be pegged a lot less frequently if you did:D

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
So, what your saying is.......No really means yes. All one has to do is act like a 2 yo and anything is possible. :D

You want a rep REAL QUICK, go ahead and try to "fight it." I distinctly remember some assclown who selected Prowlers out of VT-9 a month or so ahead of me. Student rumor mill put out that he broke down in tears, ripped the Prowler patch off his flight suit and put the T-45 one back on. He was lucky to be serving under one of the coolest COs ever to wear a command pin in that he didn't get reamed. One of the guys in the next class wanted Prowlers, and a slot magically appeared for him as the whiner went off to Hornet land. Dunno who decided what to make that happen. Yeah, he got what he wanted but he lost all respect from anybody who heard the story in order to get it. Suck it up and deal.

cat-okay.gif

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor

My CO told me he would send me to AF UAV school via T-6's then T-38's then UAV's...