• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pipeline Cut

"Quality"Spread

I am up here in Meridian and the gouge around the squadron is that they are cutting back on the jet pipeline selection due to the cutbacks in program production. They are saying at least 3-6 months before they are talking about opening it back up to full force. For now you need a 70 and above to even be considered for Meridian & Kingsville. It's all just a crap shoot.

Will_07

who knows?

Just selected last wk in Corpus out of VT-28, there were 6 guys out of corpus who got tailhook, 2 out of vance, and I think atleast one more out of whiting. However, who knows that could have been the last group to select prior to the gouge you're hearing taking effect.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
6 dudes per class, 2 classes per month is the normal rate......it will be cut back. Where did you get the 70 NSS thing?

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Pendulum swing. In 6 months there will be a shortage, and the flood gates will open again. Sucks for the guys screwed by timing. That's the Navy.

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
Technically impossible seeing that 50 NSS is the top 50% of primary graduates right?......I am not a math major so I may be wrong.

NEEEEEERRRRDDD... (Pointing at place where brim of glasses meet nasofrontal paranasal sinus)... You can take the kid out the NFO, but you can't take the NFO out of the kid! :D

S3b_viking

RetreadRand said:
a 70 NSS. A 70 NSS.? Really? A 70 NSS. DUDE RELAX.
a 70 NSS? Something tells me BULLSHIT!!

There was three of us up here at Vance that got it last week. One of us had a 62 and only one of us up here had above 70 so I'll call bullshit too. Just fly and the grades will take care of themselves.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
There was three of us up here at Vance that got it last week. One of us had a 62 and only one of us up here had above 70 so I'll call bullshit too. Just fly and the grades will take care of themselves.
1st of all, to implement a reduction is going to take time and this "decision" was only annouced last week. There are 4 Star repercussions and discussions that play into this. Second of all, 70, rrrrighttt. Sounds like something pulled out of someones a$$. Congrats and just remember to not tell us how the AF does it when you get to advanced. (WTF is "Fighting Cruise" anyway:D)

NEEEEEERRRRDDD... (Pointing at place where brim of glasses meet nasofrontal paranasal sinus)... You can take the kid out the NFO, but you can't take the NFO out of the kid! :D
Hey look, it's a spade.

ace_spades.jpg

tiger84

LT
pilot
Well, this is the opposite of what I was hoping to hear right now. Looks like I'll have to double my efforts through the end of RIs and hope the NSS gods look kindly upon me.