• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pipeline Cut

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Oh, anyone have any really good P3 wallpapers, preferably wide screen format? I need to start decorating my laptop.

MasterBates

What was the restricting anthro? Butt-knee or sitting height?

I think its STUPID that the percentage of our SNA/SNFOs get restricted from TACAIR/E2C2 because we bought a jet much smaller than fleet birds.

Just my opinion..

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
It was sitting height by 1/3 in. I did a quick remeasure at the hospital and I was within range but they're not going to send me to Pensacola for the official remeasure like they've done in the past. Hey, shit happens.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
What was the restricting anthro? Butt-knee or sitting height?

I think its STUPID that the percentage of our SNA/SNFOs get restricted from TACAIR/E2C2 because we bought a jet much smaller than fleet birds.

Just my opinion..

I was under the impression that it was the size of the seat, not the cockpit. Most of the Hornets/Super Hornets out there have the exact same seat as the '45. The Prowler has different anthro restrictions because it's not equipped with the NACES like the other fleet jets (older lot Hornets nonwithstanding of course.) That still doesn't explain why people get anthro'd out of E2C2, but maybe one of those guys can weigh in...

/threadjack

Killer2

TRONS!
None

Just my opinion..

Thats what happens when we buy something designed for a 5'8 British guy and not someone of say your size.:eek:

When you become CNO and make Aviation Greens everyday, you can change that too, just add it to the list.;)

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I was under the impression that it was the size of the seat, not the cockpit. Most of the Hornets/Super Hornets out there have the exact same seat as the '45. The Prowler has different anthro restrictions because it's not equipped with the NACES like the other fleet jets (older lot Hornets nonwithstanding of course.) That still doesn't explain why people get anthro'd out of E2C2, but maybe one of those guys can weigh in...

/threadjack

It's not the seat, it's the dimensions of the cockpit. I was anthroed out of anything with a tailhook on it because the T-45 is too small for my butt-knee length. However, same seat in a F-18 and I fit the anthros no problem, and by a big margin too. Doesn't even make a difference for the E2C2 as there aren't ejection seats and that is a roomier cockpit.

Funny thing is, I was unofficially fit checked in a T-45 and I fit without an issue, actually better than in the T-34. That's the problem with the Navy still using anthro measurements from 20-30 something years ago, and for studs coming up through the pipeline now, the Navy apparently doesn't accept fit checks anymore.

MasterBates

I fit in the T-45C better than the T-34C, but the T-45A is smaller than the T-34C or 45C.

Butt-knee issues.

I can fly any fleet aircraft, including the EA-6B.

I just don't fit in the A-Model ClownJet.

Ribida

Not sure if we're talking about the same thing when you refer to "fit checks" but a buddy of mine just (maybe a week ago) got _re-measured_ as he was originally anthroed out of tailhook, and was OK'ed to select tail hook now.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Prowler has different anthro restrictions because it's not equipped with the NACES like the other fleet jets (older lot Hornets nonwithstanding of course.) That still doesn't explain why people get anthro'd out of E2C2, but maybe one of those guys can weigh in...

/threadjack
Prowler anthros are also different because we don't have an MDC or a canopy which automatically jettisons when you pull the handle. Either the top of the seat breaks the canopy or your helmet does. And OBTW you have to run your seat up to see over the freaking instrument panel to fly the ball anyway. Thank you Grumman engineering. :icon_tong

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Not sure if we're talking about the same thing when you refer to "fit checks" but a buddy of mine just (maybe a week ago) got _re-measured_ as he was originally anthroed out of tailhook, and was OK'ed to select tail hook now.

Was that done officially at NAMI? If it was just a random flight surgeon, it probably won't count.

Raptor2216

I think it's tradition for Primary skippers to harass the jet selectees, or at least it was with this particular skipper. What a guy.:D

The senior Marine had me convinced I selected ospreys for a good couple of hours on selection day. Then he expanded on what a shit hole New River is and how I better find a wife soon cuz well, one can't get much in New River...or so he said. Needless to say, he eventually let me know I got jets and I just had my first flight in the 45 yesterday and it was the BEST experience I have had in life thus far. As some have said before, select jets, be happy.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
The senior Marine had me convinced I selected ospreys for a good couple of hours on selection day. Then he expanded on what a shit hole New River is and how I better find a wife soon cuz well, one can't get much in New River...or so he said. Needless to say, he eventually let me know I got jets and I just had my first flight in the 45 yesterday and it was the BEST experience I have had in life thus far. As some have said before, select jets, be happy.

I was in the ready-room when you got this news. Your reaction was fucking hilarious. You looked so damn disappointed! :D

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Hey, just found a way to solve my problem, anyone have an ejection seat I might be able to ride?:)