• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pipeline Cut

phrogpilot73

This thread has a little something for everyone:

The "What %" question,
The bad gouge,
People letting others know their gouge is bad,
People posting who really have no idea ergo overshadowing those who maybe do have some info,
The minor few-post thread jack,
The "just do your best" comment,
Chuck Norris,
Sweet speculation,
Experienced guys talking abotu stuff others have no idea about,
Inexperienced new VT guys trying to sound salty....

I love love love it.

Maybe this should be a sticky? No one has mentioned that yet. Because back when I was enlisted the Air Force sucks and jets are better than helos, jet guys are queer but you'll love whatever you fly because you need to use the search function.

I think that about covers it.
You forgot hookers, blow and manatees.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I guess our AOM was out of date and I better let ops know not to cancel the planned classes.:eek:

You're missing the point. Yes, there is a slow down, but it's not permanent. You have an accurate fact, but it's not all the facts. But what do I know? I'm sure a Hornet RAG OpsO knows more about what's going on in the VTs than a current VT IP.

Will the current slowdown continue past the 2 weeks? Maybe (though I doubt it). But as of yesterday, mid-day, there was nothing saying things would continue past this week.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Not that we need reality to interrupt this thread, but...

Word I got today is that next week will be 75%. Can you guess what the week after that will be?

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
It was funny sitting in the sim building listening to this very same conversation today... But then I realized that I couldn't care less about what the navy puts me in at this point. I just want to do my best.

So I went into another room and studied.

Speaking of studying.. I've exhaused my do nothing time for today.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Not that we need reality to interrupt this thread, but...

Word I got today is that next week will be 75%. Can you guess what the week after that will be?

75% Or at least thats we were told, 50% 2 weeks, 75% 2 weeks then "normal"

Nomar116

pilot
I think a previous poster made a good point about attrition at API. All this talk seems to point to that.

I actually overheard the water survival guys brainstorming ways to drown more SNAs in the helo-dunker so the rest of the community could breathe-easy.

And the parasailers contemplated sending us up with streamers for chutes, making us correct them mid-air, which also makes the PLF more interesting. (My rigger was a KState Wildcat and when he saw my Jayhawk patch I saw the jealousy in his eyes and I know this thought crossed his mind.)

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
After the T-34C mishap, the optempo was slowed down here in Corpus (I assume all other training squadrons are doing the same). Needless to say, there are a lot of students not scheduled right now.

Same for Whiting. I was scheduled almost every day since I began, but after the mishap, I'm lucky to see my name on the schedule twice a week. So much for proficiency through repetition. Guess I'll just be Flight Simming it to make up lost time.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
And the parasailers contemplated sending us up with streamers for chutes, making us correct them mid-air, which also makes the PLF more interesting. (My rigger was a KState Wildcat and when he saw my Jayhawk patch I saw the jealousy in his eyes and I know this thought crossed his mind.)

I doubt this was ever considered. The ORM would be a killer, much less the fact that you can't get airborne with a streamer.