• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pipeline Cut

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
We had 42 in our API class... about half of which were Flight Docs... the rest a mix of line Navy, Air Force and Marines (6 only graduating). We had no Coasties or internationals... which seemed odd since most other classes had at least a handful of both. In Primary, we had 6 line Navy, 2 Coasties, and 8 Marines.

Nomar116

pilot
I think a previous poster made a good point about attrition at API. All this talk seems to point to that.

I actually overheard the water survival guys brainstorming ways to drown more SNAs in the helo-dunker so the rest of the community could breathe-easy.

And the parasailers contemplated sending us up with streamers for chutes, making us correct them mid-air, which also makes the PLF more interesting. (My rigger was a KState Wildcat and when he saw my Jayhawk patch I saw the jealousy in his eyes and I know this thought crossed his mind.)

I sure hope no one took the above seriouslly...
Wow... high strung board.

Rock Chalk.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
SemperGumbi, that was awesome...

USMC, are you on the same RAG schedule I am on? At our current rate, my class (the FNGs) are going to overtake the class in front of us within the next 2 weeks. Or we'll start sitting on our arses... who knows?

Wow you guys are are all going crazy with rumors. Looks like I got out of the TRACOM just in time.

sheldator

Last Thursday at Vance all three got P-3's. We all had over a 50 NSS, and all I can say is I'm pissed. Unfortunately as a student I have no idea what I can do. Don't get me wrong I'm extremely grateful to be in flight training with the Navy and to serve. However, I think it's completely reasonable for me fight for what I want, and the lifestyle I want. I don't mean to derail this thread so please message me or push me in the right direction.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Last Thursday at Vance all three got P-3's. We all had over a 50 NSS, and all I can say is I'm pissed. Unfortunately as a student I have no idea what I can do. Don't get me wrong I'm extremely grateful to be in flight training with the Navy and to serve. However, I think it's completely reasonable for me fight for what I want, and the lifestyle I want. I don't mean to derail this thread so please message me or push me in the right direction.

Sorry you didn't get the platform you wanted, it sounds like the needs of the Navy don't match what you want. Probably not a fight you will win. I would advise you to make the best of the situation, work hard, and excel at what the Navy assigned you. A transition later on in your career is always an option if you do that.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, a couple guys here in Corpus snagged P3s with some helo slots. If you don't mind me asking, what were the NSSs exactly? I'm looking to select Tuesday and it seems the tailhook wave has come to an end and P3s are starting to take over.

sheldator

56, 55, 52 (He wanted P-3's) Nothing amazing, but during my time at Vance I didn't see one person not get tailhooks (if that's what they wanted) who got over a 50. Lots of 51's and 52's went to Meridian.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Thanks. I'm afraid I might be in your same position, too this coming week. It was the same down here, basically if you were getting above 50, you were going to Kingsville if you wanted.

Lustrante

pilot
Last week the cutoff for Tailhook was an NSS of 57. Goes to show that the only thing that matters is doing the best you can and hope for a good selection week for your platform of choice.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
This has been said 1,327,458,223 times already, but I'll beat a dead horse:

A word to the wise: It ALWAYS comes down to which week you select. You can't control it, you can't predict it, even at the best of times. Just do your best and take what you get. In spite of all the bitching you hear, most wind up being all right with what they select.

UCbearcat

Lawn Dart
pilot
I know we have a stats and scores thread already, but how about a thread about class selections? People could post their primary class size, NSS scores, and the number of people who went to each advanced class. That could keep the "% jets" questions to a minimum and people could "attempt" to track the selections.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
56, 55, 52 (He wanted P-3's) Nothing amazing, but during my time at Vance I didn't see one person not get tailhooks (if that's what they wanted) who got over a 50. Lots of 51's and 52's went to Meridian.

That is a bold and unqualified statement. 56, 55, and 52 aren't exactly "strong" jet grades, you just happened to pick the wrong week to finish. I suggest you get over your sour grapes attitude and start loving the idea of flying P-3s. If you stick around long enough, you may get some MMA love. I know plenty of students who got >50 and had to take a hike down to south field when they wanted something else. The difference is, they quit crying about it in a hurry.
Now, do you have to stick around and do T-1's with the rest of your class, or are you moving on to Corpus? If you have to stick around there, then I offer my condolences.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I know we have a stats and scores thread already, but how about a thread about class selections? People could post their primary class size, NSS scores, and the number of people who went to each advanced class. That could keep the "% jets" questions to a minimum and people could "attempt" to track the selections.

W/ the exception of the NSSes (which changes from week to week anyway), they already do this in your Ops Admin office. Everyone who selected from all three wings is listed and what they got.