• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pipeline Cut

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Guys, if you don't know things, why post them here? There was only one rumor when this thread started, now everyone is posting theories which works everyone else up. IPP was way behind before the mishap. Multiple mishaps (not just the one here) have slowed down production for the moment, but who knows what that means a month from now. Selection numbers are going to decrease for a bit because of the slow down, but there's only one guy on this whole forum who I'll actually believe if he posted an answer for now (and he doesn't post that often...kind of a busy guy).

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
but there's only one guy on this whole forum who I'll actually believe if he posted an answer for now (and he doesn't post that often...kind of a busy guy).

Sorry, I don't know anything about this rumor. oh wait... you're not talking about me are you?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
CNATRA wide, to my knowledge.

Probably cut back jet #'s due to fewer T-45's... (cause they keep crashing)

Also, I heard someone who read something somewhere that quoted someone as saying something like you actually need AT LEAST an NSS of 82. ;)

I heard you actually needed an NSS of 150 to get jets. :icon_tong

Seriously though, all this stuff in the training pipelines ebb and flow, and not amount of rumor mongering here is going to suddenly make the mystery of it vanish. It is what it is and there are guys with a lot higher paygrade than us deciding this stuff, just give it time.

FLY_USMC

pilot
We were told due to the "crashes happening in multiple's of 10" that's been going on, that CNATRA has decided to ramp down the OPTEMPO in the VT's and HT's by 50% IOT due a little reflective ORM and see if they can fix what is/isn't wrong. Longer to get through training is meaning less class dates in the RAG and a slower influx of students, which means I'll probably get scheduled more than I already am, if that is frucking possible<----thought 12 hour days were for Primary.

RunninUte

Ute Nation
There was three of us up here at Vance that got it last week. One of us had a 62 and only one of us up here had above 70 so I'll call bullshit too. Just fly and the grades will take care of themselves.

I heard its christmas every flight at vance for scoring, 70 NSS' a plenty! :)

Now if you are a doerbird....

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
We were told due to the "crashes happening in multiple's of 10" that's been going on, that CNATRA has decided to ramp down the OPTEMPO in the VT's and HT's by 50% IOT due a little relective ORM and see if they can fix what is/isn't wrong. Longer to get through training is meaning less class dates in the RAG and a slower influx of students, which means I'll probably get scheduled more than I already am, if that is frucking possible<----thought 12 hour days were for Primary.

As of two weeks ago, the ramp down was to be for two weeks, ending at the end of this week. A thousand Airwarriors type a thousand posts on what they've heard and maybe one post might have the full story...

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
We were told due to the "crashes happening in multiple's of 10" that's been going on, that CNATRA has decided to ramp down the OPTEMPO in the VT's and HT's by 50% IOT due a little relective ORM and see if they can fix what is/isn't wrong. Longer to get through training is meaning less class dates in the RAG and a slower influx of students, which means I'll probably get scheduled more than I already am, if that is frucking possible<----thought 12 hour days were for Primary.

Ohhhh are you in for a rude awakening.

FLY_USMC

pilot
I heard its christmas every flight at vance for scoring, 70 NSS' a plenty! :)
Now if you are a doerbird....
You probably walk up hill in the snow bothways to the flightline too.
As of two weeks ago, the ramp down was to be for two weeks, ending at the end of this week. A thousand Airwarriors type a thousand posts on what they've heard and maybe one post might have the full story...
I guess our AOM was out of date and I better let ops know not to cancel the planned classes.:eek:
Ohhhh are you in for a rude awakening.
I give it two more weeks and I'll be sitting on my arse. And though you might have forgotten, I went to TBS, there's no such thing as a rude awakening.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I know what you're talking about Gatordev. Honestly, what's it matter what the NSS requirement is, 70, 50, whatever. Work your ass off and do your best and that's all you can really do. From what I understand, timing has always been an issue and all you can do is hold up your end of the bargain. This is stuff out of our control (as students) and it's not worth getting in a fluster about.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
This thread has a little something for everyone:

The "What %" question,
The bad gouge,
People letting others know their gouge is bad,
People posting who really have no idea ergo overshadowing those who maybe do have some info,
The minor few-post thread jack,
The "just do your best" comment,
Chuck Norris,
Sweet speculation,
Experienced guys talking abotu stuff others have no idea about,
Inexperienced new VT guys trying to sound salty....

I love love love it.

Maybe this should be a sticky? No one has mentioned that yet. Because back when I was enlisted the Air Force sucks and jets are better than helos, jet guys are queer but you'll love whatever you fly because you need to use the search function.

I think that about covers it.

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
Hmmm I wonder if API will get the word to increase attrition. However, if the overall optempo is decreasing across CNATRA wouldn't that mean that there would just be larger waiting pools and not necessarily less selectors. Slow downs in training don't really change what the needs of the fleet are, or do they?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Hmmm I wonder if API will get the word to increase attrition. However, if the overall optempo is decreasing across CNATRA wouldn't that mean that there would just be larger waiting pools and not necessarily less selectors. Slow downs in training don't really change what the needs of the fleet are, or do they?

Who cares? work on step 4 after step 3, not step 27. It's like reading tea leaves. Just keep on keeping on and cross the bridge when you come to it.

FDX

It's mind games!
Is it safe to assume that all of this could translate to less applicants accepted for SNA in the coming months?