• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pipeline Cut

MasterBates

They are cutting production in ALL CNATRA right now. Percentages should stay the same.

Right now we are at less than MRT, and will ramp back up eventually.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
After the T-34C mishap, the optempo was slowed down here in Corpus (I assume all other training squadrons are doing the same). Needless to say, there are a lot of students not scheduled right now.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
You need a 70 to get jets?

icon_bs.gif

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
1st of all, to implement a reduction is going to take time and this "decision" was only annouced last week. There are 4 Star repercussions and discussions that play into this. Second of all, 70, rrrrighttt. Sounds like something pulled out of someones a$$. Congrats and just remember to not tell us how the AF does it when you get to advanced. (WTF is "Fighting Cruise" anyway:D)

Care to elaborate for the unwashed?

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor

Seriously.

Impression I've always gotten is the AF can keep tabs on this kind of thing, while the Wings of Gold department goes through all of this swash and backwash. Maybe that's wrong, but I've always been a little curious about what actually determines the Needs of the Service.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Cutting aviator production(CNATRA 1 star) translates into fleet replacement and manning issues.(CNAF 3 star) Which translates into readiness. The CNO is pretty keen on readiness. CNO=4 stars

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cutting aviator production(CNATRA 1 star) translates into fleet replacement and manning issues.(CNAF 3 star) Which translates into readiness. The CNO is pretty keen on readiness. CNO=4 stars

Gotcha, just making sure I could follow along. But it begs another question, why the cutback? And since when was CNATRA a one star, the last I remember it was a two star billet?

MasterBates

In all my too many years in CNATRA, it has been a 1 and 2 star billet.

Cutbacks are a throttling back to crawl-walk-jog-run after the rash of mishaps.

tiger84

LT
pilot

Any idea what this means for those of us who will be selecting within the next month or so? Are they going to be holding people up from selecting to cut class sizes down?

Rg9

pilot
After the T-34C mishap, the optempo was slowed down here in Corpus (I assume all other training squadrons are doing the same). Needless to say, there are a lot of students not scheduled right now.
CNATRA wide, to my knowledge.

Probably cut back jet #'s due to fewer T-45's... (cause they keep crashing)

Also, I heard someone who read something somewhere that quoted someone as saying something like you actually need AT LEAST an NSS of 82. ;)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Interesting, I thought most ADM billets were static in their rank.

That makes no sense at all, typical Navy thinking. :(

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Interesting, I thought most ADM billets were static in their rank.

That makes no sense at all, typical Navy thinking. :(

I don't know if it is just 1 and two star swaps, but when I was working out in the 5 sided building I knew of at least one other billet that would go between 1 and 2 star fillings.

Probably cut back jet #'s due to fewer T-45's... (cause they keep crashing)

I'll assume that was a joke. If not, the number of crashes isn't really going to affect the OpTempo that much from a training aide point of view.

This whole thing (rumor, or do we have someone with official confirmation) is pretty normal in the ebb and flow. Too many....too few....too many....too few....