• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot/NFO Board FY 19- Oct. 2, 2018

Mach1

Hello all,
I am starting this thread for the Pilot/NFO board that will be taking place Oct. 2, 2018. This will be the first board for FY-19. I will post my stats below and welcome others to do the same, maybe we can get someone to start an excel sheet. Anyways, feel free to post questions, concerns, or anything else involving this board. Packages are due in a few weeks so I assume that anyone putting in for this board is either finished with their package or pretty close to it. Good luck to you all!!

Mach1

Hello all,
I am starting this thread for the Pilot/NFO board that will be taking place Oct. 2, 2018. This will be the first board for FY-19. I will post my stats below and welcome others to do the same, maybe we can get someone to start an excel sheet. Anyways, feel free to post questions, concerns, or anything else involving this board. Packages are due in a few weeks so I assume that anyone putting in for this board is either finished with their package or pretty close to it. Good luck to you all!!
This will be my first board for naval aviation. I personally was DQ from STA because of my uncorrected vision, and now just applying for NFO.

Age at board date: 24
Applying: NFO
ASTB: 49/7/8/7
Degree: BS Criminal Justice
GPA: 3.82
LoRs: 2 O6's, Flight Instructor, Current Supervisor, and former college coach.
I am a month or two away from getting my Private pilot's license but won't make it in time to submit with my package.

exNavyOffRec

Hello all,

This isn't the first board of the FY19, the April/May board picked candidates for FY19 as well.

Timmyjimmy5

Graduated from my university in May. Applying to be a Navy Pilot.

Age at board date: 22
Applying: Pilot
ASTB: 46/5/8/8
Degree: BS Aviation Management/concentration Air traffic control/minor aircraft dispatch
GPA: 3.3
LoRs: 3 flight instructors at my university, FAA Air traffic controller, 1 O6(Air Force)
I do have my private pilot license as well as my aircraft dispatch license.
What do you guys think? First time applying for this position.

peppergunner

ɹǝqɯǝW pǝʇɹǝʌuI

Degree: BS Aviation Management/concentration Air traffic control/minor aircraft dispatch
LoRs: 3 flight instructors at my university, FAA Air traffic controller, 1 O6(Air Force)
Honest opinion is that your first two numbers are below average, the second two are above average. I actually haven't seen any applicant in the last two boards with scores like yours. The May board had some accepted with ~50/5/6/6.

Timmyjimmy5

Honest opinion is that your first two numbers are below average, the second two are above average. I actually haven't seen any applicant in the last two boards with scores like yours. The May board had some accepted with ~50/5/6/6.

I’m not going to lie, it’s been awhile since I’ve done the math, reading, & mechanicals because my college being a CTI institutional university so I did lack that knowledge. My recruiter figured my scores would look like this with my lack of general knowledge but with my flying experience and aviation knowledge.

Mach1

Did your OR tell you your prospective pilot score by chance?

Timmyjimmy5

Did your OR tell you your prospective pilot score by chance?
My OR did the calculator that they use and after inputting my scores, mine came out to be ‘green’, meaning high chance of getting selected. Is that what your OR used as well? My OR is almost guaranteeing I’m going to get it with my experience and the pilot score. What about you?

Timmyjimmy5

My OR did the calculator that they use and after inputting my scores, mine came out to be ‘green’, meaning high chance of getting selected. Is that what your OR used as well? My OR is almost guaranteeing I’m going to get it with my experience and the pilot score. What about you?
Even though they told me that, I still want other opinions you know? Also, just see how everyone else is doing as well.

Mach1

Even though they told me that, I still want other opinions you know? Also, just see how everyone else is doing as well.
I have heard a good rule of thumb is anything over 90 you have a very good chance of getting selected. Personally I am a 95 for pilot and 93 for NFO. But unfortunately I will need to get LASIK in order to apply for Pilot.