• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot/NFO Board FY 19- Oct. 2, 2018

peppergunner

ɹǝqɯǝW pǝʇɹǝʌuI
I have heard a good rule of thumb is anything over 90 you have a very good chance of getting selected. Personally I am a 95 for pilot and 93 for NFO. But unfortunately I will need to get LASIK in order to apply for Pilot.
Yeah its not like an old 90 is now a 70, but the best thing to do is just look at the May 23 board. tl;dr is that Rufio's "Competitiveness" standards in his signature are pretty spot on. And then realize that there are more people who apply that don't contribute on AW.

Timmyjimmy5

Yeah its not like an old 90 is now a 70, but the best thing to do is just look at the May 23 board. tl;dr is that Rufio's "Competitiveness" standards in his signature are pretty spot on. And then realize that there are more people who apply that don't contribute on AW.
My OAR and AQR scores are low, but I’m really hoping my other 2 scores as well as my background and experience can help that out, which according to my OR, it will help out.

Mach1

My OAR and AQR scores are low, but I’m really hoping my other 2 scores as well as my background and experience can help that out, which according to my OR, it will help out.
So I have heard time and time again that it is a whole person concept. I personally would say that your package brings a lot of positives from different areas surrounding aviation and gives you a pretty good shot at getting selected. However, I am no expert.

Timmyjimmy5

So I have heard time and time again that it is a whole person concept. I personally would say that your package brings a lot of positives from different areas surrounding aviation and gives you a pretty good shot at getting selected. However, I am no expert.
Yes sir, I agree from what I’ve heard all around. It’s literally everything from your past up until now that can and will affect your ability to be a naval officer and of course, flying. The packet is quite large so our scores are only a section of what the packet consists of. But your recruiter will have the best knowledge on that and if they are confident in you or not

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
Hey all, hoping to apply this board, but my MEPS approval paper work is taking a while. I had LASIK last November and finally managed to get all the needed paperwork in July, but hopefully I can get my physical done next week to make the deadline.

I should add that MEPS has had my paperwork since July 2nd, and is as of July 30 still in "medical" for review. If one of our resident recruiters could explain what that means, exactly, I'd be appreciative as my recruiter went on leave today and won't be in contact until Monday.

Last edited:

Timmyjimmy5

Hey all, hoping to apply this board, but my MEPS approval paper work is taking a while. I had LASIK last November and finally managed to get all the needed paperwork in July, but hopefully I can get my physical done next week to make the deadline.

I should add that MEPS has had my paperwork since July 2nd, and is as of July 30 still in "medical" for review. If one of our resident recruiters could explain what that means, exactly, I'd be appreciative as my recruiter went on leave today and won't be in contact until Monday.
So you still have not been to MEPS for your physical? It took me forever to get into MEPS because mine was in review also. My recruiter had to actually get MEPS to disqualify me to send my paperwork to an actual doctor to pretty much make MEPS accept me all because they were simply taking too long because of how backed up they are.

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
I haven't been to MEPS yet, no. I figure that I probably will have a difficult time making this board because MEPS has been dragging ass. Aren't they expressly required to take no longer than 30 days to review this stuff? Kind of insane that you had to take such a drastic measure to get them to process you.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I haven't been to MEPS yet, no. I figure that I probably will have a difficult time making this board because MEPS has been dragging ass. Aren't they expressly required to take no longer than 30 days to review this stuff? Kind of insane that you had to take such a drastic measure to get them to process you.

The new rule of thumb is six pages of medical documents for one day. So if you have 12 pages should take no more than 2 days for meps medical to review.

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
I had maybe 24 total pages, all pertaining to my LASIK, plus a letter from my ophthalmologist's office explaining that they do not keep/have/make specifically labelled "operative notes" for in house procedures and that the doctor's notes I provided were sufficient for explaining the work I had done and my lack of complications. They've had my shit for a month. My recruiter says summer usually takes longer but if its a day per 6 pages then they must be screwing something up.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I had maybe 24 total pages, all pertaining to my LASIK, plus a letter from my ophthalmologist's office explaining that they do not keep/have/make specifically labelled "operative notes" for in house procedures and that the doctor's notes I provided were sufficient for explaining the work I had done and my lack of complications. They've had my shit for a month. My recruiter says summer usually takes longer but if its a day per 6 pages then they must be screwing something up.

Each meps is different, but it shouldn’t take 30 days for something like that.

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
From an email sent by my recruiter a week ago:
"I reached out to our MEPS liaison regarding your MEDREAD and she told me it was still in medical for review. She will let me know as soon as she gets it back from medical."

Is this the process that is supposed to take a day per 6 pages, or is it some sort of pre-screen for that? My recruiter never really went too deep into the process.

Will be submitting application for SNA in this board as well.
School: San Diego State University Grad date Dec 2018
GPA 3.86 Criminal Justice
ASTB: 57/8/7/8
Meps: 14 Jun 18
LORs: Ret. Army O-5, Navy Pilot O-3 (also flight instructor and soon to be Southwest Pilot), Supervisor at work
Flight experience: 40 hours and counting, should have PPL by October

OnAPrayer

Never Again.
Honest opinion is that your first two numbers are below average, the second two are above average. I actually haven't seen any applicant in the last two boards with scores like yours. The May board had some accepted with ~50/5/6/6.

I resemble your remark.

exNavyOffRec

Nope, ASTB and GPA are really the only thing that matters

Edited to change OAR to ASTB, I should really lay off the rum before posting.