• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot/NFO Board FY 19- Oct. 2, 2018

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
It was only the one, but I'm in Virginia and the ticket was for reckless driving, which is a misdemeanor and treated very harshly compared to other states, being a criminal offense. My fine was in excess of $300, so it counted as a misconduct offense for the Navy. I know that a criminal record is considered a negative for pilot applicants, but how negative, exactly, is what I don't know. Would they not PROREC an otherwise quality applicant for something like that?

Addenda: I should also note that that is the only ticket I have ever received. My OR isn't worried and has had applicants with moral waivers before, but never pilot applicants needing one.

You should have mentioned that in the first place. One is definitely more serious than the other. Anywho if you have a high ASTB score and fully resolved the reckless driving you should be Ok.

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
You should have mentioned that in the first place. One is definitely more serious than the other. Anywho if you have a high ASTB score and fully resolved the reckless driving you should be Ok.

My apologies, I should have been more clear. My ASTB is 59 7/7/6. I think that’s high enough but you’re the expert not me. The ticket is fully resolved, the fine has been paid, and I’m currently reliving the dark days before I had a license to drive myself around. I’m still waiting on the moral waiver, but again my OR has no specific concerns.

rmstokes2

First time posting in this board thread. I was hopeful to apply to the Aug 15 board but was not qualified for SNA after receiving my med letter from N33 a few days before the application date. I was not qualified for SNA due to reading through line C on the Depth Perception test at MEPS and for SNA you have to read through line D. I stuck with the process as I want to apply SNA and finally got my OR to get me down to NAMI in Pensacola and I had the eye portion of the flight physical administered and passed easily. With that said I am applying to this board SNA. Good luck to everyone.

Mach1

So I called my recruiter yesterday to confirm my package was submitted before the deadline. Initially he was under the impression the deadline wasnt until September, shortly calling me back to tell me I was right but assuring my package was submitted so I had nothing to worry about. Two hours later I got a call from a LT about helping my recruiter out by uploading my package to the system. He wanted me to answer basic questions so that he didn't have to thumb through my package looking for the answers. He also assured me that my package would be submitted on time. Then today, I had to come into the office to sign a paper. I am now kind of skeptical on whether or not I will be making the Oct. board despite the reassurances by the two officers. Anyone else have any insight on this or am I just being paranoid? Also note I have had my package completed since June.

peppergunner

ɹǝqɯǝW pǝʇɹǝʌuI
So I called my recruiter yesterday to confirm my package was submitted before the deadline. Initially he was under the impression the deadline wasnt until September, shortly calling me back to tell me I was right but assuring my package was submitted so I had nothing to worry about. Two hours later I got a call from a LT about helping my recruiter out by uploading my package to the system. He wanted me to answer basic questions so that he didn't have to thumb through my package looking for the answers. He also assured me that my package would be submitted on time. Then today, I had to come into the office to sign a paper. I am now kind of skeptical on whether or not I will be making the Oct. board despite the reassurances by the two officers. Anyone else have any insight on this or am I just being paranoid? Also note I have had my package completed since June.
Jesus man, I'm sorry.

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet

I think you’re being properly paranoid. Keep asking until you get a straight answer. If you’ve missed this board, I’m in the same boat since MEPS didn’t get my paperwork finished until today and N3M will take longer still. Making the February board will be a piece of cake, fortunately!

Mach1

I think you’re being properly paranoid. Keep asking until you get a straight answer. If you’ve missed this board, I’m in the same boat since MEPS didn’t get my paperwork finished until today and N3M will take longer still. Making the February board will be a piece of cake, fortunately!
Yeah, I just asked him and he said I would know for certain in a couple weeks if I made it into the October board. He keeps reassuring me that I will most likely make it, so we shall see what happens in the next couple weeks I guess.

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
Yeah, I just asked him and he said I would know for certain in a couple weeks if I made it into the October board. He keeps reassuring me that I will most likely make it, so we shall see what happens in the next couple weeks I guess.

Everything on your end is squared away, so it’s best not to sweat it too much. It is frustrating, though.

Unrelated, but what’re the numbers for auto-selection? Something like above 57 7/7/7? My FOFAR is a 6 and I have a waiver so I doubt I’d qualify but I’m curious.

peppergunner

ɹǝqɯǝW pǝʇɹǝʌuI
Everything on your end is squared away, so it’s best not to sweat it too much. It is frustrating, though.

Unrelated, but what’re the numbers for auto-selection? Something like above 57 7/7/7? My FOFAR is a 6 and I have a waiver so I doubt I’d qualify but I’m curious.
FY19 AQ for SNA is 8/8/8 according to my OR. There's some confusion on if the third number matters or not for SNA